Anti-F4/80 antibody [CI:A3-1] (ab6640)
- Product nameAnti-F4/80 antibody [CI:A3-1]See all F4/80 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRat monoclonal [CI:A3-1] to F4/80
- SpecificityThis antibody recognises the mouse F4/80 antigen, a 160kD glycoprotein expressed by murine macrophages.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, IHC-P, RIA, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, ICC, IHC-FoFr, ICC/IF, IHC-R more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Thioglycollate stimulated peritoneal macrophages from C57/BL mice
- Positive control
- Mouse spleen and macrophages
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage buffer0.01M Na phosphate, 0.25M NaCl, pH7.6, 0.05% Na azide, 0.01% Thimerisol, 15mg/ml BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Purification notesPurified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberCI:A3-1
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6640 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml. Use under non reducing condition. Detects a band of approximately 160 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 102 kDa). (predicted molecular weight of precursor protein: 102 kDa; protein is heavily glycosylated). Block in 5% milk for 1 hour.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval (e.g. with citrate buffer) or carry out Proteinase K pre-treatment (starting treatment time 3min).|
|RIA||RIA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-R||IHC-R: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
- FunctionCould be involved in cell-cell interactions.
- Tissue specificityWide expression; increased levels in peripheral blood mononuclear cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 2 family. LN-TM7 subfamily.
Contains 6 EGF-like domains.
Contains 1 GPS domain.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Cell surface glycoprotein EMR1 antibody
- Cell surface glycoprotein F4/80 antibody
- DD7A5 7 antibody
- Egf like module containing mucin like hormone receptor like 1 antibody
- Egf like module containing mucin like hormone receptor like sequence 1 antibody
- EGF like module receptor 1 antibody
- EGF TM7 antibody
- EGF-like module receptor 1 antibody
- EGF-like module-containing mucin-like hormone receptor-like 1 antibody
- EGFTM7 antibody
- EMR 1 antibody
- EMR1 antibody
- EMR1 hormone receptor antibody
- EMR1_HUMAN antibody
- Gpf480 antibody
- Ly71 antibody
- Lymphocyte antigen 71 antibody
- TM7LN3 antibody
Anti-F4/80 antibody [CI:A3-1] images
ab6640 staining F4/80 (red) in Mouse intestine tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-Fr - frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with acetone and blocked with 10% serum for 1 hour at 21°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/10µg/ml in PBS + 10% serum) for 16 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor® 555-conjugated Donkey anti-rat IgG polyclonal (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody. Blue - nuclei.
ab6640 staining F4/80 in Mouse skeletal muscle tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/ PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections). The sections were fixed in formaldehyde and subjected to Heat-mediated antigen retrieval in citrate buffer (pH 6.0) prior to blocking with 1% BSA for 25 minutes at 25°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/100 in 1%BSA/PBS and incubated with the sample for 1 hour 30 minutes at 25°C. An HRP polymer-conjugated Goat anti-Rat polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
ab6640 staining mouse brain tissue sections by IHC-FoFr. Sections were PFA fixed and blocked with 0.5% TNB for 30 minutes at 25°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/10 and incubated with the sample for 18 hours at 4°C. A biotinylated goat anti-rat antibody, diluted 1/500, was used as the secondary. This image demonstrates quiescent microglia in the normal mouse brain (red).
ab6640 staining F4/80 in mouse adipose tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue underwent formaldehyde fixation and blocking with 5% serum was performed for 20 minutes at 20°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/150 and incubated with sample in Tris + 5 % normal rabbit serum for 1 hour at 20°C. A Biotin conjugated rabbit polyclonal to rat IgG was used at dilution at 1/50 as secondary antibody. The antibody stained interstitial macrophages in the adipose tissue of lean mice (A), and macrophage associated with "crown-like structure" in mice fed high-fat diet (B).
ab6640 staining F4/80 in mouse bone marrow cells by immunocytochemistry/ immunofluorescence. Cells were formaldehyde fixed and permeabilized in 0.2% Triton X-100 prior to blocking in 2% BSA for 30 minutes at 20°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/200 and incubated with the sample for 9 hour at 4°C. Alexa fluor® 488 goat polyclonal to rat Ig, diluted 1/200, was used as the secondary antibody.
Anti-F4/80 antibody [CI:A3-1] (ab6640) at 1/1000 dilution (for 8 hours at 4°C) + Mouse pancreatic cancer whole tissue lysate. at 25 µg
An HRP-conjugated Goat anti-rat IgG polyclonal at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under non-reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 102 kDa
Observed band size : ~130 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 10 minutes
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted by Pawel MazurBlocking Step: 10% Milk for 1 hour at room temperature
References for Anti-F4/80 antibody [CI:A3-1] (ab6640)
This product has been referenced in:
- Song P et al. Emodin regulates glucose utilization by activating AMP-activated protein kinase. J Biol Chem 288:5732-42 (2013). IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23303186) »
- Agrawal V et al. Surfactant protein (SP)-A suppresses preterm delivery and inflammation via TLR2. PLoS One 8:e63990 (2013). ICC/IF ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23700442) »