For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.2% Gelatin, PBS
Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 29 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 35 kDa).
||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.
- FunctionProtects cells uniquely from Fas-induced apoptosis.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Expressed at high levels in the brain especially in the hippocampus.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the BI1 family.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane.
Information by UniProt
- FAIM 2 antibody
- Faim2 antibody
- FAIM2_HUMAN antibody
Anti-FAIM2 antibody images
Western blot - Anti-FAIM2 antibody (ab72113)
Lanes 1 - 2 : Anti-FAIM2 antibody (ab72113) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 3 : Anti-FAIM2 antibody (ab72113) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 4 : Anti-FAIM2 antibody (ab72113) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human brain tissue lysate
Lane 2 : Human brain tissue lysate with Immunizing peptide
Lane 3 : Mouse brain tissue lysate
Lane 4 : Rat brain tissue lysate
Predicted band size : 35 kDa
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) - FAIM2 antibody (ab72113)
Analysis of FAIM2 expression in human cerebellum tissue, using ab72113 at 10 ug/ml.
References for Anti-FAIM2 antibody (ab72113)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"