For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 1X PBS, pH 7.2
Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 30 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa).
- FunctionInduces apoptosis of alpha and beta cells in a dose- and time-dependent manner. Present in insulin secretory granules and likely cosecreted with insulin.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in the pancreas. Also found in the colon, kidney, prostate, small intestine and testis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the FAM3 family.
modifications2 N-termini have been observed in the mature protein: the first at Glu-30, resulting from signal peptide cleavage, the second at Ser-46.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. Localized in discrete vesicular and perinuclear structure.
Information by UniProt
- 2-21 antibody
- C21orf11 antibody
- C21orf76 antibody
Anti-FAM3B antibody images
Western blot - FAM3B antibody (ab66965)
All lanes : Anti-FAM3B antibody (ab66965) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Transfected 293T cell lysate
Lane 2 : Non transfected 293T cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Lane 1 : Goat Anti-Mouse IgG (H&L)-HRP Conjugate at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 2 : Goat Anti Mouse IgG (H&L) HRP Conjugate at 1/5000 dilution
Predicted band size : 26 kDa
Observed band size : 30 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-FAM3B antibody (ab66965)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"