Fas Ligand s Human Elispot Kit (ab62921)
- Product nameFas Ligand s Human Elispot KitSee all Fas Ligand kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests5 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Cell culture extracts
- Assay typeSandwich (qualitative)
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
The ELISPOT assay is designed to enumerate cytokine producing cells in a single cell suspension. This method has the advantage of requiring a minimum of in-vitro manipulations allowing cytokine production analysis as close as possible to in-vivo conditions in a highly specific way. This technique is designed to determine the frequency of cytokine producing cells under a given stimulation, and the follow-up of such frequency during a treatment and/or a pathological state. Elispot assay constitutes an ideal tool in the TH1 / TH2 response, vaccine development, viral infection monitoring and treatment, cancerology, infectious diseases, autoimmune diseases and transplantation.
Abcam Elispot assay is based on sandwich immuno-enzyme technology. Cell secreted cytokines or soluble molecules are captured by coated antibodies avoiding diffusion in supernatant, protease degradation or binding on soluble membrane receptors. After cell removal, the captured cytokines are revealed by tracer antibodies and appropriate conjugates.
After cell stimulation, locally produced cytokines are captured by a specific monoclonal antibody. After cell lysis, trapped cytokine molecules are revealed by a secondary biotinylated detection antibody, which is in turn recognised by streptavidin conjugated to alkaline phosphatase. PVDF-bottomed-well plates are then incubated with BCIP/NBT substrate. Colored "purple" spots indicate cytokine production by individual cells.
Recognizes natural human Fas ligand
- Tested applicationsMeasuring secreted proteins from cells more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 5 x 96 tests Bovine Serum albumin 1 x 1g Fas Ligand Biotinylated detection antibody 1 x 0.55ml Fas Ligand Pre-coated 96-well plate 5 units Ready-to-use BCIP/NBT substrate buffer 1 x 50ml Streptavidin - Alkaline Phosphatase conjugated 1 x 50µl
- RelevanceThe protein encoded by this gene is the ligand for FAS. Both are transmembrane proteins. Interaction of FAS with Fas Ligand is critical in triggering apoptosis of some types of cells such as lymphocytes. Defects in this gene may be related to some cases of systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane; single-pass type II membrane protein. Secreted protein. May be released into the extracellular fluid, probably by cleavage form the cell surface.
- Apoptosis antigen ligand
- CD178 antigen
- CD95L protein
- Fas antigen ligand
- Fas L
- Fas ligand (TNF superfamily member 6)
- Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 6
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62921 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Fas Ligand s Human Elispot Kit (ab62921)
ab62921 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.