FAS Ligand (CD95L) Human ELISA Kit (ab45892)
- Product nameFAS Ligand (CD95L) Human ELISA KitSee all Fas Ligand kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Sample A 40 588.4pg/ml 22.6 3.8% Sample B 35 302.2pg/ml 14.6 4.5%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 12 pg/ml
- Range62.5 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
- Assay time3h 45m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s Human FAS Ligand in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of FAS Ligand in Human serum, plasma, buffered solutions and cell culture media.
A monoclonal antibody specific for FAS Ligand has been coated onto the wells of the microtiter strips provided. Samples, including standards of known FAS Ligand concentrations, control specimens or unknowns are pipetted into these wells. During the first incubation, the standards or samples and a biotinylated monoclonal antibody specific for FAS Ligand are simultaneously incubated. After washing, the enzyme Streptavidin-HRP, that binds the biotinylated antibody is added, incubated and washed. A TMB substrate solution is added which acts on the bound enzyme to induce a colored reaction product. The intensity of this colored product is directly proportional to the concentration of FAS Ligand present in the samples.
This kit will recognize both endogenous and recombinant Human FAS Ligand.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests 2 x 96 tests 10X Standard Diluent Buffer Black 1 x 25ml 1 x 25ml 200X Wash Buffer White 1 x 10ml 2 x 10ml Biotinylated Antibody Diluent Red 1 x 7.5ml 1 x 13ml Biotinylated anti-FAS Ligand Red 1 x 400µl 2 x 400µl Chromogen TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 11ml 1 x 24ml Control Silver 2 vials 4 vials FAS Ligand Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit 2 units FAS Ligand Standard (Lyophilized) Yellow 2 vials 4 vials HRP Diluent Red 1 x 23ml 1 x 23ml Stop Reagent Black 1 x 11ml 2 x 11ml Streptavidin HRP 2 x 5µl 4 x 5µl
- RelevanceFas / APO1 (CD95) is an important member of the tumour necrosis factor (TNF) superfamily involved in membrane-mediated apoptosis. Ligation of Fas by Fas Ligand or an anti Fas cross linking antibody, triggers activation of the caspase cascade. Functional impairment of the Fas / Fas Ligand system is associated with the development and progression of malignancies. Fas gene mutations have been suggested to have a role in testicular germ cell tumours. Tumour cells frequently exhibit de novo expression of Fas Ligand, which plays a significant role in local tissue destruction, metastatic spread, and immune escape of the tumor cells. The apoptosis of lymphocytes, which occurs in autoimmune diseases, is usually induced by the Fas/Fas Ligand system.
- Cellular localizationCell Membrane (single-pass type II membrane protein) and Secreted
- Apoptosis (APO 1) antigen ligand 1
- Apoptosis antigen ligand
- CD95 L
- CD95 ligand
- CD95L protein
- Fas antigen ligand
- TNF superfamily member 6
- Tumor necrosis factor (ligand) superfamily member 6
- Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 6
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab45892 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for FAS Ligand (CD95L) Human ELISA Kit (ab45892)
ab45892 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.