For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Product nameAnti-FER antibody
See all FER primary antibodies
Rabbit polyclonal to FER
- SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of total FER protein.
- Tested applicationsSuitable for:
WB, ELISAmore details
- Species reactivity
HumanPredicted to work with:
Synthesized non phosphopeptide derived from human FER around the phosphorylation site of tyrosine 402 (V-N-YP-E-E).
- Positive control
- Extracts from HeLa cells, treated with paclitaxel (1 µM, 24 hours).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesAffinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen.
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 93 kDa.
- FunctionTyrosine kinase of the non-receptor type. Probably performs an important function, perhaps in regulatory processes such as cell cycle control.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in a variety of lymphoid cell lines.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. Fes/fps subfamily.
Contains 1 FCH domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Associated with the chromatin.
Information by UniProt
- c FER antibody
- Feline encephalitis virus related kinase FER antibody
- Fer (fps/fes related) tyrosine kinase (phosphoprotein NCP94) antibody
Anti-FER antibody images
Western blot - FER antibody (ab79358)
All lanes : Anti-FER antibody (ab79358) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from HeLa cells, treated
with paclitaxel (1 µM, 24 hours)
Lane 2 : extracts from HeLa cells, treated
with paclitaxel (1 µM, 24 hours) with immunizing peptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 93 kDa
Observed band size : 85 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 50 kDa,70 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-FER antibody (ab79358)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"