Ferritin (FTL) Human ELISA Kit (ab108837)
- Product nameFerritin (FTL) Human ELISA KitSee all Ferritin kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.9%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Milk, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity= 1.5 ng/ml
- Range1.563 ng/ml - 50 ng/ml
- Assay time4h 0m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Monkey
- Product overview
Abcam’s Ferritin (FTL) Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of Ferritin concentrations in plasma, serum, milk, and cell culture supernatants.
A Ferritin specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently a Ferritin specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Complex is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of Ferritin captured in plate.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Biotinylated Human Ferritin Antibody 1 x 80µl 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate (SP Conjugate) 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent M Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Ferritin Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit Ferritin Standard 1 vial Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml
- Research Areas
- FunctionStores iron in a soluble, non-toxic, readily available form. Important for iron homeostasis. Iron is taken up in the ferrous form and deposited as ferric hydroxides after oxidation. Also plays a role in delivery of iron to cells. Mediates iron uptake in capsule cells of the developing kidney.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in FTL are the cause of hereditary hyperferritinemia-cataract syndrome (HHCS) [MIM:600886]. It is an autosomal dominant disease characterized by early-onset bilateral cataract. Affected patients have elevated level of circulating ferritin. HHCS is caused by mutations in the iron responsive element (IRE) of the FTL gene.
Defects in FTL are the cause of neurodegeneration with brain iron accumulation type 3 (NBIA3) [MIM:606159]; also known as adult-onset basal ganglia disease. It is a movement disorder with heterogeneous presentations starting in the fourth to sixth decade. It is characterized by a variety of neurological signs including parkinsonism, ataxia, corticospinal signs, mild nonprogressive cognitive deficit and episodic psychosis. It is linked with decreased serum ferritin levels.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ferritin family.
Contains 1 ferritin-like diiron domain.
- ferritin L chain
- Ferritin L subunit
- Ferritin light chain
- ferritin light polypeptide
- ferritin light polypeptide like 3
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108837 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Ferritin (FTL) Human ELISA Kit (ab108837)
ab108837 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.