For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Research areas
- Compatible Secondaries
- Positive Controls
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 58 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.
- FunctionGABA, the major inhibitory neurotransmitter in the vertebrate brain, mediates neuronal inhibition by binding to the GABA/benzodiazepine receptor and opening an integral chloride channel.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ligand-gated ion channel (TC 1.A.9) family. Gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor (TC 1.A.9.5) subfamily. GABRA3 sub-subfamily.
- Cellular localizationCell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane. Cell membrane.
Information by UniProt
- GABA A Receptor alpha 3 antibody
- GABA(A) receptor subunit alpha 3 antibody
- GABA(A) receptor subunit alpha-3 antibody
Anti-GABA A Receptor alpha 3 antibody - BSA and Azide free images
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) - Anti-GABA A Receptor alpha 3 antibody - BSA and Azide free (ab23334)
Western blot - GABA A Receptor alpha 3 antibody - BSA and Azide free (ab23334)
All lanes : Anti-GABA A Receptor alpha 3 antibody - BSA and Azide free (ab23334) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Jurkat Cell lysate
Lane 2 : HepG2 Cell lysate
Lane 3 : GABRA3 Cell lysate
Predicted band size : 55 kDa
Observed band size : 58 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG should be diluted in 1: 50,000 - 100,000 as second antibody.
References for Anti-GABA A Receptor alpha 3 antibody - BSA and Azide free (ab23334)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"