For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.3 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 62 kDa.
||Use a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
- FunctionGABA, the major inhibitory neurotransmitter in the vertebrate brain, mediates neuronal inhibition by binding to the GABA/benzodiazepine receptor and opening an integral chloride channel.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ligand-gated ion channel (TC 1.A.9) family. Gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor (TC 1.A.9.5) subfamily. GABRA4 sub-subfamily.
- Cellular localizationCell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane. Cell membrane.
Information by UniProt
- GABA(A) receptor subunit alpha 4 antibody
- GABA(A) receptor subunit alpha-4 antibody
- GABR A4 antibody
Anti-GABA A Receptor alpha 4 antibody images
Western blot - GABA A Receptor alpha 4 antibody (ab117080)
Anti-GABA A Receptor alpha 4 antibody (ab117080) at 0.1 µg/ml + Human Frontal Cortex lysate (in RIPA buffer) at 35 µg
Developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 62 kDa
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) - GABA A Receptor alpha 4 antibody (ab117080)
Human Brain, Cortex (formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded) stained with ab117080 followed by biotinylated anti-goat IgG secondary antibody, alkaline phosphatase-streptavidin and chromogen.
References for Anti-GABA A Receptor alpha 4 antibody (ab117080)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"