For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Product nameAnti-GABA A Receptor beta 1 antibody
See all GABA A Receptor beta 1 primary antibodies
Rabbit polyclonal to GABA A Receptor beta 1
- SpecificityReacts with the 51-54 kDa beta 1 subunit of rat brain GABA A. There is no homology or known reactivity with other GABA subunits.
- Tested applicationsSuitable for:
IHC-P, WB, IPmore details
- Species reactivity
Mouse, Rat, Human
Fusion protein of MBP with the amino acid sequence representing the cytosolic loop of the rat GABA A receptor beta 1 subunit.
- Positive control
- rat forebrain lysate, rat cerebellum or cortex lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 100µg/ml BSA, 150mM Sodium chloride, 10mM HEPES. pH 7.5
Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 18539546
||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 53 kDa.
||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Use at an assay dependent dilution. 15 ug of antibody were used to IP 24% of all GABA-A receptors in dodecylsulfate extracts of rat forebrains (150 ul).
- FunctionGABA, the major inhibitory neurotransmitter in the vertebrate brain, mediates neuronal inhibition by binding to the GABA/benzodiazepine receptor and opening an integral chloride channel.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ligand-gated ion channel (TC 1.A.9) family. Gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor (TC 1.A.9.5) subfamily. GABRB1 sub-subfamily.
- Cellular localizationCell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane. Cell membrane.
Information by UniProt
- AW061132 antibody
- B230208N19Rik antibody
- GABA(A) receptor beta 1 antibody
Anti-GABA A Receptor beta 1 antibody images
Western blot - GABA A Receptor beta 1 antibody (ab16703)
References for Anti-GABA A Receptor beta 1 antibody (ab16703)
This product has been referenced in:
- Quintana A et al. Lack of GPR88 enhances medium spiny neuron activity and alters motor- and cue-dependent behaviors. Nat Neurosci 15:1547-55 (2012).
Read more (PubMed: 23064379) »
- Adusei DC et al. Early developmental alterations in GABAergic protein expression in fragile X knockout mice. Neuropharmacology 59:167-71 (2010).
Read more (PubMed: 20470805) »
See all 3 Publications
for this product
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"