Anti-GABA antibody (ab62669)
- Product nameAnti-GABA antibodySee all GABA primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionChicken polyclonal to GABA
- SpecificityFixed tissue cross-reactivity tested with known targets at recommended dilution. No measurable glutaraldehyde-fixed tissue cross-reactivity (<1:1000) against: L-alanine, D/L-aspartate, agmatine, D/L-arginine, L-citrulline, L-cysteine, D/L-glutamate, D/L-glutamine, glutathione, glycine, L-histidine, L-isoleucine, L-lysine, L-leucine, L-methionine, L-asparagine, L-ornithine, L-proline, L-serine, taurine, L-threonine, L-valine, L-tryptophan, L-tyrosine. No measurable reactivity against formaldehyde fixed proteins
- Tested applicationsICC more details
- Species reactivityNot applicable.
4-aminobutyrate cross-linked to purifed fraction V bovine serum albumin with glutaraldehyde.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do not freeze.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 100mM PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgY fraction
- Purification notesIgYs were separated from other yolk proteins by serial PEG6000 extractions using a modification of the method of Polsonet al Immunological Investigations.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62669 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- RelevanceGamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is a major inhibitory neurotransmitter. GABA acts at inhibitory synapses in the brain and spinal cord. Inhibition is provoked by GABA binding resulting in hyperpolarization of the synaptic transmembrane potential of the affected neuron. GABA binding causes ion channels to open allowing either the flow of chloride or potassium ions into or out of the cell.
- Cellular localizationCell Membrane, Cytoplasmic, Plasma membrane and Secreted
- 4 aminobutanoic acid antibodyGABA antibodyGamma amino butyric acid antibodyGamma aminobutyric acid antibody
References for Anti-GABA antibody (ab62669)
ab62669 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.