For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Product nameAnti-GAP43 antibody [EP928Y]
See all GAP43 primary antibodies
Rabbit monoclonal [EP928Y] to GAP43
- Specificityab75843 detects both phosphorylated and nonphosphorylated GAP43.
- Tested applicationsSuitable for:
WB, ICCmore details
Flow Cyt,IHC-P or IP
- Species reactivity
Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding serine 41 of human GAP43
- Positive control
- General notes
Produced using Abcam’s RabMAb® technology. RabMAb® technology is covered by the following U.S. Patents, No. 5,675,063 and/or 7,429,487.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clone numberEP928Y
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Application notesIs unsuitable for Flow Cyt,IHC-P or IP.
||1/50000 - 1/100000. Detects a band of approximately 48 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa).
||1/100 - 1/250.
- FunctionThis protein is associated with nerve growth. It is a major component of the motile "growth cones" that form the tips of elongating axons.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the neuromodulin family.
Contains 1 IQ domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation of this protein by a protein kinase C is specifically correlated with certain forms of synaptic plasticity.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cell projection > growth cone membrane. Cell junction > synapse. Cytoplasmic surface of growth cone and synaptic plasma membranes.
Information by UniProt
- Axonal membrane protein GAP 43 antibody
- Axonal membrane protein GAP-43 antibody
- B 50 antibody
Anti-GAP43 antibody [EP928Y] images
Western blot - GAP43 antibody [EP928Y] (ab75843)
References for Anti-GAP43 antibody [EP928Y] (ab75843)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"