For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 30 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.
||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ELISA titre using peptide based assay: 1:312500.
- FunctionThe SMN complex plays an essential role in spliceosomal snRNP assembly in the cytoplasm and is required for pre-mRNA splicing in the nucleus.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the gemin-2 family.
- Cellular localizationNucleus > gem. Cytoplasm. Localized in subnuclear structures next to coiled bodies, called gems, which are highly enriched in spliceosomal snRNPs. Also found in the cytoplasm.
Information by UniProt
- Component of gems 2 antibody
- Gem (nuclear organelle) associated protein 2 antibody
- Gem associated protein 2 antibody
Anti-Gemin 2 antibody images
Western blot - Gemin 2 antibody (ab83908)
References for Anti-Gemin 2 antibody (ab83908)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"