Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab102529)
- Product nameGlucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase Assay Kit (Colorimetric)See all Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
- Assay typeEnzyme activity
- Sensitivity> 0.04 mU/well
- Assay time1h 00m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Product overview
Abcam's Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab102529) is a simple, sensitive and rapid assay detects the activity of Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase (G6PDH) in a variety of samples. In the assay, glucose 6 phosphate is oxidized, which leads to the conversion of a nearly colorless probe to an intensely colored product with an absorbance at 450nm.
The G6PDH Assay Kit can detect as low as 0.04mU G6PDH per well.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests G6PDH Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml G6PDH Developer Red 1 vial G6PDH Positive Control Green 1 vial G6PDH Substrate Blue 1 vial NADH Standard Yellow 1 vial
- RelevanceGlucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PDH) is a cytosolic enzyme in the pentose phosphate pathway, a metabolic pathway that supplies reducing energy to cells (such as erythrocytes) by maintaining the level of the co-enzyme nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH). The NADPH in turn maintains the level of glutathione in these cells that helps protect the red blood cells against oxidative damage. Of greater quantitative importance is the production of NADPH for tissues actively engaged in biosynthesis of fatty acids and/or isoprenoids, such as the liver, mammary glands, adipose tissue, and the adrenal glands.
- Glucose 6 phosphate 1 dehydrogenase
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab102529 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase Assay Kit (Colorimetric) images
Example of Standard curve obtained using ab102529
Example of positive control and pork liver samples test curves obtained using ab102529
References for Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab102529)
ab102529 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.