Granzyme B (CTLA-1) Human ELISA Kit (ab46142)
- Product nameGranzyme B (CTLA-1) Human ELISA Kit
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% A 15 356pg/ml 18 5.06% B 15 73pg/ml 5 7.38% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% A 8 536pg/ml 30 5.59% B 8 138pg/ml 9 6.76%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 20 pg/ml
- Range31.25 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Serum 73 31.25pg/ml - 1000pg/ml
- Assay time3h 45m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s Granzyme B (CTLA-1) Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of Granzyme B in Human serum, plasma, buffered solutions and cell culture medium.
A monoclonal antibody specific Granzyme B has been coated onto the wells of the microtiter strips provided. Samples, including standards of known Granzyme B concentrations, control specimens or unknowns are pipetted into these wells. During the first incubation, the standards or samples and a biotinylated monoclonal antibody specific for Granzyme B are simultaneously incubated. After washing, the enzyme Streptavidin-HRP, that binds the biotinylated antibody is added, incubated and washed. A TMB substrate solution is added which acts on the bound enzyme to induce a colored reaction product. The intensity of this colored product is directly proportional to the concentration of Granzyme B present in the samples.
This kit will recognize both endogenous and recombinant Human Granzyme B.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests 2 x 96 tests 10X Standard Diluent Buffer Black 1 x 25ml 1 x 25ml 200X Wash Buffer White 1 x 10ml 2 x 10ml Biotinylated Antibody Diluent Red 1 x 7.5ml 1 x 13ml Biotinylated anti-Granzyme B Red 1 x 400µl 2 x 400µl Chromogen TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 11ml 1 x 24ml Granzyme B Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit 2 units Granzyme B Standard (Lyophilized) Yellow 2 vials 4 vials HRP Diluent Red 1 x 23ml 1 x 23ml Stop Reagent Black 1 x 11ml 2 x 11ml Streptavidin-HRP 2 x 5µl 4 x 5µl
- Research Areas
- RelevanceThe lytic enzymes of cytotoxic lymphocytes seem to be contained within lysosome-like granules found in the cytoplasm. These granules contain perforin, a membrane pore-forming protein, and a family of serine proteases (granzymes). Granzyme B, a 32 kDa protein, is a serine Aspase associated with the granules of Natural Killer (NK) cells. Granzyme B seems to be able to elicit cell death, perhaps by activating an endogenous pathway of programmed cell death.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
- Cathepsin G like 1
- CTLA 1
- Cytotoxic T lymphocyte proteinase 2
- EC 188.8.131.52
- Fragmentin 2
- Granzyme 2
- Human lymphocyte protein
- Lymphocyte protease
- T cell serine protease 1 3E
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab46142 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Granzyme B (CTLA-1) Human ELISA Kit (ab46142)
This product has been referenced in:
- Patel SA et al. Mesenchymal stem cells protect breast cancer cells through regulatory T cells: role of mesenchymal stem cell-derived TGF-beta. J Immunol 184:5885-94 (2010). Human . Read more (PubMed: 20382885) »
- Prakash MD et al. Active and zymogen forms of granzyme B are constitutively released from cytotoxic lymphocytes in the absence of target cell engagement. Immunol Cell Biol 87:249-54 (2009). Human . Read more (PubMed: 19079360) »