Granzyme B Human Elispot Kit (Reagents for 15 x 96 tests, without plates) (ab48705)
- Product nameGranzyme B Human Elispot Kit (Reagents for 15 x 96 tests, without plates)See all Granzyme B kits ...
- Tests15 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Cell culture extracts
- Assay typeSandwich (qualitative)
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
The ELISPOT assay is designed to enumerate cytokine producing cells in a single cell suspension. This method has the advantage of requiring a minimum of in-vitro manipulations allowing cytokine production analysis as close as possible to in-vivo conditions in a highly specific way. This technique is designed to determine the frequency of cytokine producing cells under a given stimulation, and the follow-up of such frequency during a treatment and/or a pathological state. Elispot assay constitutes an ideal tool in the TH1 / TH2 response, vaccine development, viral infection monitoring and treatment, oncology, infectious diseases, autoimmune diseases and transplantation.
This Elispot assay is based on sandwich immuno-enzyme technology. Cell secreted cytokines or soluble molecules are captured by coated antibodies avoiding diffusion in supernatant, protease degradation or binding on soluble membrane receptors. After cell removal, the captured cytokines are revealed by tracer antibodies and appropriate conjugates.
After cell stimulation, locally produced cytokines are captured by a specific monoclonal antibody. After cell lysis, trapped cytokine molecules are revealed by a secondary biotinylated detection antibody, which is in turn recognised by streptavidin conjugated to alkaline phosphatase. PVDF-bottomed-well plates are then incubated with BCIP/NBT substrate. Coloured "purple" spots indicate cytokine production by individual cells
- Tested applicationsMeasuring secreted proteins from cells more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 15 x 96 tests Bovine Serum albumin 3 x 1g Dry skimmed milk 3 x 1g Granzyme B Biotinylated detection antibody 3 x 0.55ml Granzyme B Capture Antibody 3 x 0.5ml Ready-to-use BCIP/NBT substrate buffer 3 x 50ml Streptavidin - Alkaline Phosphatase conjugated 3 x 50µl
- Research Areas
- RelevanceCytolytic T lymphocytes and natural killer cells share the remarkable ability to recognize, bind, and lyse specific target cells. They are thought to protect their host by lysing cells bearing on their surface 'nonself' antigens, usually peptides or proteins resulting from infection by intracellular pathogens. Granzyme B is crucial for the rapid induction of target cell apoptosis by CTL in cell-mediated immune response.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic granule. Cytoplasmic granules of cytolytic T-lymphocytes and natural killer cells
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab48705 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Granzyme B Human Elispot Kit (Reagents for 15 x 96 tests, without plates) (ab48705)
ab48705 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.