Anti-GSK3 beta antibody [G8] (ab2602)
- Product nameAnti-GSK3 beta antibody [G8]See all GSK3 beta primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [G8] to GSK3 beta
- SpecificityThis antibody is specific for GSK3 beta
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, ELISA, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human, Xenopus laevis
E.coli produced recombinant Xenopus laevis GSK3 beta.
- EpitopeThe exact epitope recognised by this antibody has not been mapped.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Purification notesProtein G purified from ascetic fluid
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberG8
- Light chain typeunknown
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Integration of energy
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2602 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Use at a concentration of 5 - 10 µg. The protein does not retain the kinase activity after immunoprecipitation.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 19047045|
- FunctionParticipates in the Wnt signaling pathway. Implicated in the hormonal control of several regulatory proteins including glycogen synthase, MYB and the transcription factor JUN. Phosphorylates JUN at sites proximal to its DNA-binding domain, thereby reducing its affinity for DNA. Phosphorylates MUC1 in breast cancer cells, and decreases the interaction of MUC1 with CTNNB1/beta-catenin. Phosphorylates CTNNB1/beta-catenin. Phosphorylates SNAI1. Plays an important role in ERBB2-dependent stabilization of microtubules at the cell cortex. Prevents the phosphorylation of APC and CLASP2, allowing its association with the cell membrane. In turn, membrane-bound APC allows the localization of MACF1 to the cell membrane, which is required for microtubule capture and stabilization. Phosphorylates MACF1 and this phosphorylation inhibits the binding of MACF1 to microtubules which is critical for its role in bulge stem cell migration and skin wound repair.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in testis, thymus, prostate and ovary and weakly expressed in lung, brain and kidney.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. GSK-3 subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by AKT1 and ILK1. Activated by phosphorylation at Tyr-216.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cell membrane. The phosphorylated form shows localization to cytoplasm and cell membrane. The MEMO1-RHOA-DIAPH1 signaling pathway controls localization of the phosophorylated form to the cell membrane.
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3 Beta antibody
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3 beta antibody
- GSK 3 beta antibody
- GSK 3B antibody
- GSK-3 beta antibody
- GSK3B antibody
- GSK3B protein antibody
- GSK3B_HUMAN antibody
- GSK3beta isoform antibody
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase GSK3B antibody
Anti-GSK3 beta antibody [G8] images
ab2602 staining GSK3 beta in primary chondrocytes from the Sox9c/c mice after Cre-adenovirus infection by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.
References for Anti-GSK3 beta antibody [G8] (ab2602)
This product has been referenced in:
- Dolma K et al. Presenilin influences glycogen synthase kinase-3 ß (GSK-3ß) for kinesin-1 and dynein function during axonal transport. Hum Mol Genet N/A:N/A (2013). WB . Read more (PubMed: 24105467) »
- Topol L et al. Sox9 inhibits Wnt signaling by promoting beta-catenin phosphorylation in the nucleus. J Biol Chem 284:3323-33 (2009). WB, ICC/IF . Read more (PubMed: 19047045) »