GSK3 beta Total PhosphoTracer ELISA Kit (ab119629)
- Product nameGSK3 beta Total PhosphoTracer ELISA Kit
- Detection methodFluorescent
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture extracts
- Assay typeSemi-quantitative
- Sensitivity0.15 ng/ml
- Range0.15 ng/ml - 500 ng/ml
- Assay time2h 0m
- Assay durationOne step assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
- Product overview
PhosphoTracer assays use a traditional immuno-sandwich format, but with a major difference both the analyte and the assay reagents are added to the PhosphoTracer assay microplate at the same time. After a short incubation period, unbound assay reagents and analytes are washed away, and immuno-complexes containing both antibodies are detected. The process can take as little as 60 minutes to complete.
PhosphoTracer kits also allow a higher degree of assay flexibility. In contrast to other ELISA formats, no antibodies are present on the assay microplate itself, so assays for several different targets can be performed in different wells on the same microplate. Simply mix the lysate with your target reagents of choice, using the microplate configuration of your choice.
A whole new way of performing cellular assays, PhosphoTracer takes the hard work out of running a standard ELISA, while still giving the high quality results expected from a sandwich immunoassay. Fully self-contained kits are supplied in convenient 96-well packs. Simple to use and highly sensitive PhosphoTracer kits are designed to get results, fast.
Abcam's PhosphoTracer GSK3beta assay kits detect endogenous levels of GSK3beta (GenBank Accession NP_001139628) in cellular lysates. Total GSK3beta assay kits detect GSK3beta irrespective of phosphorylated at Ser9.
The substrate used with the HRP conjugated detection antibody is a combination of 10-Acetyl-3,7-dihydroxyphenoxazine (ADHP) (wavelength exc/em = 530-540nm / 590-600nm), a highly sensitive and stable substrate for HRP) and ADHP Dilution Buffer (a stabilized H2O2 solution). Learn more about the fluorogenic substrate, ADHP.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 96-well PhosphoTracer assay plate (stripwell) 1 unit Adherent plate seal 2 units ADHP (100X) 1 x 120µl ADHP Dilution Buffer 1 x 15ml Assay Control Lysate (lyophilized) 1 x 0.25ml Enhancer Solution 1 x 1ml Lysis Buffer (5X) 1 x 15ml Mouse monoclonal GSK3beta (HRP) (96 assay points) 1 x 3ml Rabbit monoclonal GSK3beta (96 assay points) 1 x 3ml Stop Solution 1 x 2ml Wash Buffer (10X) 1 x 15ml
- FunctionParticipates in the Wnt signaling pathway. Implicated in the hormonal control of several regulatory proteins including glycogen synthase, MYB and the transcription factor JUN. Phosphorylates JUN at sites proximal to its DNA-binding domain, thereby reducing its affinity for DNA. Phosphorylates MUC1 in breast cancer cells, and decreases the interaction of MUC1 with CTNNB1/beta-catenin. Phosphorylates CTNNB1/beta-catenin. Phosphorylates SNAI1. Plays an important role in ERBB2-dependent stabilization of microtubules at the cell cortex. Prevents the phosphorylation of APC and CLASP2, allowing its association with the cell membrane. In turn, membrane-bound APC allows the localization of MACF1 to the cell membrane, which is required for microtubule capture and stabilization. Phosphorylates MACF1 and this phosphorylation inhibits the binding of MACF1 to microtubules which is critical for its role in bulge stem cell migration and skin wound repair.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in testis, thymus, prostate and ovary and weakly expressed in lung, brain and kidney.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. GSK-3 subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by AKT1 and ILK1. Activated by phosphorylation at Tyr-216.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cell membrane. The phosphorylated form shows localization to cytoplasm and cell membrane. The MEMO1-RHOA-DIAPH1 signaling pathway controls localization of the phosophorylated form to the cell membrane.
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3 beta
- GSK-3 beta
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase GSK3B
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119629 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA. Tested in A549, MCF7, NIH3T3|
GSK3 beta Total PhosphoTracer ELISA Kit images
Using the GSK3beta assay kits, GSK3beta phosphorylation at Ser9 is detected in insulin-treated MCF7 cells (+), compared with cells treated with UCN-01 (-), whereas no change in total GSK3beta levels was observed.
Detection of total GSK3 beta, using ab119629 on NIH3T3 cells treated with varying concentrations of UCN-01 for 2 hours, then stimulated with insulin.
Using Western blot, GSK3beta phosphorylation at Ser9 is detected in insulin-treated MCF7 cells (+), compared with cells treated with UCN-01 (-), whereas no change in total GSK3beta levels was observed.
References for GSK3 beta Total PhosphoTracer ELISA Kit (ab119629)
ab119629 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.