GYKI 52466 (ab120336)
- Product nameGYKI 52466
- DescriptionSelective non-competitive AMPA antagonist
- Biological descriptionSelective non-competitive AMPA receptor antagonist (IC50 values are 10-20, approx 450 and > 50 μM for AMPA- , kainate- and NMDA-induced responses respectively). Skeletal muscle relaxant, orally-active anticonvulsant, neuroprotective and anxiolytic in vivo.
- Purity> 99%
- Chemical name4-(8-Methyl-9H-1,3-dioxolo[4,5-h][2,3]benzodiazepin-5-yl)-benzenamine hydrochloride
- Molecular Weight329.79
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC17H15N3O2.HCl
- CAS Number102771-26-6
- PubChem identifier10042240
- Storage instructionsStore at room temperature (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 10 mM and in DMSO to 25 mM (with heating)
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120336 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||FuncS: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
GYKI 52466 images
ab96379 staining MEK1 (phospho S298) in SK-N-SH cells treated with GYKI 52466 (ab120336), by ICC/IF. Decrease in MEK1 (phospho S298) expression correlates with increased concentration of GYKI 52466, as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 1h in media containing different concentrations of ab120336 (GYKI 52466) in DMSO, fixed with 4% formaldehyde for 10 minutes at room temperature and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab96379 (1/100 dilution) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody.
References for GYKI 52466 (ab120336)
This product has been referenced in:
- Szabados T et al. Comparison of anticonvulsive and acute neuroprotective activity of three 2,3-benzodiazepine compounds, GYKI 52466, GYKI 53405, and GYKI 53655. Brain Res Bull 55:387-91 (2001). Read more (PubMed: 11489346) »
- Johansen TH et al. Interactions among GYKI-52466, cyclothiazide, and aniracetam at recombinant AMPA and kainate receptors. Mol Pharmacol 48:946-55 (1995). Read more (PubMed: 7476926) »
- Donevan SD & Rogawski MA GYKI 52466, a 2,3-benzodiazepine, is a highly selective, noncompetitive antagonist of AMPA/kainate receptor responses. Neuron 10:51-9 (1993). Read more (PubMed: 7678966) »