Haptoglobin Human ELISA Kit (ab108858)
- Product nameHaptoglobin Human ELISA KitSee all Haptoglobin kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.9% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 7.1%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Saliva, Milk, Urine
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity> 3.1 ng/ml
- Range3.125 ng/ml - 200 ng/ml
- Assay time4h 00m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s Haptoglobin Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of Haptoglobin concentrations in Human urine, saliva, milk and cell culture supernatants.
A Haptoglobin specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently a Haptoglobin specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of Haptoglobin captured in plate.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate (SP Conjugate) 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml 50X Biotinylated Human Haptoglobin Antibody 1 x 140µl Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Haptoglobin Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit Haptoglobin Standard 1 vial Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml
- Research Areas
- FunctionHaptoglobin combines with free plasma hemoglobin, preventing loss of iron through the kidneys and protecting the kidneys from damage by hemoglobin, while making the hemoglobin accessible to degradative enzymes.
Uncleaved haptoglogin, also known as zonulin, plays a role in intestinal permeability, allowing intercellular tight junction disassembly, and controlling the equilibrium between tolerance and immunity to non-self antigens.
- Tissue specificityExpressed by the liver and secreted in plasma.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in HP are the cause of anhaptoglobinemia (AHP) [MIM:614081]. AHP is a condition characterized by the absence of the serum glycoprotein haptoglobin. Serum levels of haptoglobin vary among normal persons: levels are low in the neonatal period and in the elderly, differ by population, and can be influenced by environmental factors, such as infection. Secondary hypohaptoglobinemia can occur as a consequence of hemolysis, during which haptoglobin binds to free hemoglobin.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
Contains 2 Sushi (CCP/SCR) domains.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- binding peptide
- haptoglobin alpha 1S beta
- haptoglobin alpha 2FS beta
- haptoglobin alpha polypeptide
- Haptoglobin beta chain
- haptoglobin beta polypeptide
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108858 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Haptoglobin Human ELISA Kit (ab108858)
ab108858 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.