Anti-HDAC1 [10E2] antibody - ChIP Grade (ab46985)
- Product nameAnti-HDAC1 [10E2] antibody - ChIP GradeSee all HDAC1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [10E2] to HDAC1 - ChIP Grade
- SpecificityThis antibody recognizes HDAC1.
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, WB, IP, ChIP, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide: EEKPEAKGVKEEVKLA, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 467-482 of Human and mouse HDAC1
- Positive control
- Ab46985 gave a positive signal in WB in the following whole cell lysates: HeLa; Jurkat; K562. This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Human heart muscle.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.4
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clone number10E2
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab46985 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa).|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ChIP||ChIP: 1/10 - 1/50. This antibody was validated for ChIP using 10 ul of antibody added to chromatin prepared from formaldehyde fixed U2OS cells. The p21 gene promoter was interrogated by PCR. The promoter of the HDAC1 gene was interrogated for the presence of HDAC1 from chromatin harvested from fixed Swiss 3T3 cells in separate experiements.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionResponsible for the deacetylation of lysine residues on the N-terminal part of the core histones (H2A, H2B, H3 and H4). Histone deacetylation gives a tag for epigenetic repression and plays an important role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression and developmental events. Histone deacetylases act via the formation of large multiprotein complexes. Deacetylates SP proteins, SP1 and SP3, and regulates their function. Component of the BRG1-RB1-HDAC1 complex, which negatively regulates the CREST-mediated transcription in resting neurons. Upon calcium stimulation, HDAC1 is released from the complex and CREBBP is recruited, which facilitates transcriptional activation. Deacetylates TSHZ3 and regulates its transcriptional repressor activity. Deacetylates 'Lys-310' in RELA and thereby inhibits the transcriptional activity of NF-kappa-B.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous, with higher levels in heart, pancreas and testis, and lower levels in kidney and brain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone deacetylase family. HD type 1 subfamily.
modificationsSumoylated on Lys-444 and Lys-476; which promotes enzymatic activity. Desumoylated by SENP1.
Phosphorylation on Ser-421 and Ser-423 promotes enzymatic activity and interactions with NuRD and SIN3 complexes.
Ubiquitinated by CHFR, leading to its degradation by the proteasome.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- DKFZp686H12203 antibody
- GON 10 antibody
- HD 1 antibody
- HD1 antibody
- HDAC 1 antibody
- HDAC1 antibody
- hdac1: histone deacetylase 1 antibody
- HDAC1_HUMAN antibody
- Histone deacetylase 1 (HD1) antibody
- Histone deacetylase 1 antibody
- Reduced potassium dependency yeast homolog like 1 antibody
- RPD3 (reduced potassium dependency yeast homolog) like 1 antibody
- RPD3 (reduced potassium dependency) antibody
- RPD3 antibody
- RPD3L1 antibody
Anti-HDAC1 [10E2] antibody - ChIP Grade images
All lanes : Anti-HDAC1 [10E2] antibody - ChIP Grade (ab46985) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : K562 (Human erythromyeloblastoid leukemia cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat Anti-Mouse IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97040) at 1/10000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 55 kDa
Observed band size : 60 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 38 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 8 minutes
IHC image of HDAC1 staining in Human heartmuscle formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab46985, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab46985 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab46985, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line). Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
ChIP analysis using ab46985 binding HDAC1 in Schwann cells. Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde for 10 mins. Samples were incubated with primary antibody for 12 hours at 4°C at an antibody concentration of 0.1µg/µl of chromatin. Protein binding was detected using semi-quantitative PCR at both a positive and negative control regions.
References for Anti-HDAC1 [10E2] antibody - ChIP Grade (ab46985)
This product has been referenced in:
- Martin N et al. Interplay between Homeobox proteins and Polycomb repressive complexes in p16INK4a regulation. EMBO J 32:982-95 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23455154) »
- Sharma D et al. Dexamethasone induces a putative repressor complex and chromatin modifications in the CRH promoter. Mol Endocrinol 27:1142-52 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23671328) »