Hemopexin (HPX) Human ELISA Kit (ab108859)
- Product nameHemopexin (HPX) Human ELISA KitSee all Hemopexin kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.9%
- Sample typeSerum, Plasma
- Assay typeCompetitive
- Sensitivity> 0.7 µg/ml
- Range0.078 µg/ml - 5 µg/ml
- Assay time2h 00m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s Hemopexin (HPX) Human in vitro competitive ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitive measurement of hemopexin levels in plasma and serum.
A Hemopexin specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently biotinylated Hemopexin is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Complex is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is inversely proportional to the amount of Hemopexin captured in plate.
- Tested applicationsCompetitive ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate (SP Conjugate) 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 30ml 8X Biotinylated Human Hemopexin (Lyophilized) 1 vial Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Hemopexin Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit Hemopexin Standard 1 vial Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml
- Research Areas
- RelevanceBinds heme and transports it to the liver for breakdown and iron recovery, after which the free hemopexin returns to the circulation.
- Cellular localizationSecreted
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108859 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Hemopexin (HPX) Human ELISA Kit (ab108859)
ab108859 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.