Hepatitis C Virus Hepatitis Virus Genotype 1b NS3 protein fragment (ab67952)
- Product nameHepatitis C Virus Hepatitis Virus Genotype 1b NS3 protein fragmentSee all Hepatitis Virus Genotype 1b NS3 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SpeciesHepatitis C Virus
- Amino acids1192 to 1459
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab67952 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityab67952 is immunoreactive with sera of HCV-infected individuals.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
ab67952 was purified by proprietary chromatographic technique.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at -20°C.
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.2% Triton-X, 1.5M Urea, 25mM Tris HCl, pH 8.0
- Hepatitis Virus Genotype 1b NS3
- RelevanceHCV is a positive, single-stranded RNA virus in the Flaviviridae family. The genome is approximately 10,000 nucleotides and encodes a single polyprotein of about 3,000 amino acids. The polyprotein is processed by host cell and viral proteases into three major structural proteins including NS3, and several non-structural proteins necessary for viral replication. The NS3 part of the polyprotein displays three enzymatic activities: serine protease, NTPase and RNA helicase. The NS3 serine proteinase (NS3P) is a non-structural hepatitis C protein responsible for proteolytic processing of other non-structural proteins; because of this, it is also the most extensively studied protein of the Hepatitis C genome. It is responsible for proteolytic processing of the entire downstream region of the HC polyprotein, catalyzing cleavage at the NS3/NS4a, NS4a/NS4b, NS4b/NS5a, and NS5a/NS5b sites to release the mature NS3, NS4a, NS4b, NS5a, and NS5b proteins.For proper function, NS3 requires NS4a as a cofactor, but, interestingly enough, NS3 also cleaves the NS4a protein.
References for Hepatitis C Virus Hepatitis Virus Genotype 1b NS3 protein fragment (ab67952)
ab67952 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.