Hepatitis C Virus NS3 protein fragment (ab49022)
- Product nameHepatitis C Virus NS3 protein fragmentSee all Hepatitis C Virus NS3 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids1192 to 1456
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab49022 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityStrongly reacts with human HCV positive serum.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
Purity of proteins is evaluated by SDS-PAGE
- Additional NotesStrongly reacts with human HCV positive serum.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.2% Triton-X, 1.5M Urea, 25mM Tris HCl, pH 8
- Hepatitis C Virus NS3
- Serine protease/NTPase/helicase
- RelevanceHCV is a positive, single-stranded RNA virus in the Flaviviridae family. The genome is approximately 10,000 nucleotides and encodes a single polyprotein of about 3,000 amino acids. The polyprotein is processed by host cell and viral proteases into three major structural proteins including NS3, and several non-structural proteins necessary for viral replication. The NS3 part of the polyprotein displays three enzymatic activities: serine protease, NTPase and RNA helicase. The NS3 serine proteinase (NS3P) is a non-structural hepatitis C protein responsible for proteolytic processing of other non-structural proteins; because of this, it is also the most extensively studied protein of the Hepatitis C genome. It is responsible for proteolytic processing of the entire downstream region of the HC polyprotein, catalyzing cleavage at the NS3/NS4a, NS4a/NS4b, NS4b/NS5a, and NS5a/NS5b sites to release the mature NS3, NS4a, NS4b, NS5a, and NS5b proteins.For proper function, NS3 requires NS4a as a cofactor, but, interestingly enough, NS3 also cleaves the NS4a protein. The molecular weight of the monomer NS3P is 70 kDa.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane
References for Hepatitis C Virus NS3 protein fragment (ab49022)
ab49022 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.