HGF Mouse ELISA Kit (ab100687)
- Product nameHGF Mouse ELISA KitSee all HGF kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 100 pg/ml
- Range0.25 ng/ml - 60 ng/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture extracts 114.4 100% - 134% Tissue Extracts 120.2 110% - 130%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
- Product overview
Abcam’s HGF Mouse ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of mouse HGF in cell lysates and tissue lysates.
This assay employs an antibody specific for mouse HGF coated on a 96- well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and HGF present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-mouse HGF antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of HGF bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 2X Cell Lysate Buffer 1 x 5ml 500X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml 5X Sample Diluent Buffer 1 x 10ml Biotinylated anti-Mouse HGF 2 vials HGF Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Mouse HGF Standard 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- FunctionHGF is a potent mitogen for mature parenchymal hepatocyte cells, seems to be an hepatotrophic factor, and acts as growth factor for a broad spectrum of tissues and cell types. It has no detectable protease activity.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in HGF are the cause of deafness autosomal recessive type 39 (DFNB39) [MIM:608265]. A form of profound prelingual sensorineural hearing loss. Sensorineural deafness results from damage to the neural receptors of the inner ear, the nerve pathways to the brain, or the area of the brain that receives sound information.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family. Plasminogen subfamily.
Contains 4 kringle domains.
Contains 1 PAN domain.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
- F TCF
- Fibroblast derived tumor cytotoxic factor
- Hepapoietin A
- Hepatocyte growth factor
- Hepatocyte growth factor (hepapoietin A scatter factor
- Hepatocyte growth factor beta chain
- Lung fibroblast derived mitogen
- Scatter factor
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab100687 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for HGF Mouse ELISA Kit (ab100687)
This product has been referenced in:
- Demirci C et al. Loss of HGF/c-Met signaling in pancreatic ß-cells leads to incomplete maternal ß-cell adaptation and gestational diabetes mellitus. Diabetes 61:1143-52 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22427375) »
- Araújo TG et al. Hepatocyte growth factor plays a key role in insulin resistance-associated compensatory mechanisms. Endocrinology 153:5760-9 (2012). Rat . Read more (PubMed: 23024263) »