Anti-HIF-1-alpha antibody (ab82832)
- Product nameAnti-HIF-1-alpha antibodySee all HIF-1-alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HIF-1-alpha
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human HIF-1-alpha conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Haemocyanin (KLH).
- Positive control
- Induced culture of E.coli (one shot Top10 competent cells). IHC-P: Human breast adenocarcinoma FFPE tissue sections
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Purification notesCrude serum, final bleed.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab82832 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
A minimum titer of 1/30000 is determined for one of the three peptides.
WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 107 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 93 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionFunctions as a master transcriptional regulator of the adaptive response to hypoxia. Under hypoxic conditions activates the transcription of over 40 genes, including, erythropoietin, glucose transporters, glycolytic enzymes, vascular endothelial growth factor, and other genes whose protein products increase oxygen delivery or facilitate metabolic adaptation to hypoxia. Plays an essential role in embryonic vascularization, tumor angiogenesis and pathophysiology of ischemic disease. Binds to core DNA sequence 5'-[AG]CGTG-3' within the hypoxia response element (HRE) of target gene promoters. Activation requires recruitment of transcriptional coactivators such as CREBPB and EP300. Activity is enhanced by interaction with both, NCOA1 or NCOA2. Interaction with redox regulatory protein APEX seems to activate CTAD and potentiates activation by NCOA1 and CREBBP.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in most tissues with highest levels in kidney and heart. Overexpressed in the majority of common human cancers and their metastases, due to the presence of intratumoral hypoxia and as a result of mutations in genes encoding oncoproteins and tumor suppressors.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
Contains 1 PAC (PAS-associated C-terminal) domain.
Contains 2 PAS (PER-ARNT-SIM) domains.
- DomainContains two independent C-terminal transactivation domains, NTAD and CTAD, which function synergistically. Their transcriptional activity is repressed by an intervening inhibitory domain (ID).
modificationsIn normoxia, is hydroxylated on Pro-402 and Pro-564 in the oxygen-dependent degradation domain (ODD) by EGLN1/PHD1 and EGLN2/PHD2. EGLN3/PHD3 has also been shown to hydroxylate Pro-564. The hydroxylated prolines promote interaction with VHL, initiating rapid ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation. Deubiquitinated by USP20. Under hypoxia, proline hydroxylation is impaired and ubiquitination is attenuated, resulting in stabilization.
In normoxia, is hydroxylated on Asn-803 by HIF1AN, thus abrogating interaction with CREBBP and EP300 and preventing transcriptional activation. This hydroxylation is inhibited by the Cu/Zn-chelator, Clioquinol.
S-nitrosylation of Cys-800 may be responsible for increased recruitment of p300 coactivator necessary for transcriptional activity of HIF-1 complex.
Requires phosphorylation for DNA-binding.
Sumoylated; by SUMO1 under hypoxia. Sumoylation is enhanced through interaction with RWDD3. Desumoylation by SENP1 leads to increased HIF1A stability and transriptional activity.
Ubiquitinated; in normoxia, following hydroxylation and interaction with VHL. Lys-532 appears to be the principal site of ubiquitination. Clioquinol, the Cu/Zn-chelator, inhibits ubiquitination through preventing hydroxylation at Asn-803.
The iron and 2-oxoglutarate dependent 3-hydroxylation of asparagine is (S) stereospecific within HIF CTAD domains.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasmic in normoxia, nuclear translocation in response to hypoxia. Colocalizes with SUMO1 in the nucleus, under hypoxia.
- ARNT interacting protein antibody
- ARNT-interacting protein antibody
- Basic helix loop helix PAS protein MOP1 antibody
- Basic-helix-loop-helix-PAS protein MOP1 antibody
- bHLHe78 antibody
- Class E basic helix-loop-helix protein 78 antibody
- HIF 1A antibody
- HIF 1alpha antibody
- HIF-1-alpha antibody
- HIF1 A antibody
- HIF1 Alpha antibody
- HIF1 antibody
- HIF1-alpha antibody
- HIF1A antibody
- HIF1A_HUMAN antibody
- Hypoxia inducible factor 1 alpha antibody
- Hypoxia inducible factor 1 alpha isoform I.3 antibody
- Hypoxia inducible factor 1 alpha subunit antibody
- Hypoxia inducible factor 1 alpha subunit basic helix loop helix transcription factor antibody
- Hypoxia inducible factor 1, alpha subunit (basic helix loop helix transcription factor) antibody
- Hypoxia inducible factor1alpha antibody
- Hypoxia-inducible factor 1-alpha antibody
- Member of PAS protein 1 antibody
- Member of PAS superfamily 1 antibody
- Member of the PAS Superfamily 1 antibody
- MOP 1 antibody
- MOP1 antibody
- PAS domain-containing protein 8 antibody
- PASD 8 antibody
- PASD8 antibody
Anti-HIF-1-alpha antibody images
IHC image of HIF-1-alpha staining in Human breast adenocarcinoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica Bond system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab82832, 1/100 dilution, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
All lanes : Anti-HIF-1-alpha antibody (ab82832) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : uninduced culture of E.coli (one shot Top10 competent cells)
Lane 2 : induced culture of E.coli (one shot Top10 competent cells)
anti-Rabbit IgG HRP at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size : 93 kDa
Additional bands at : 80 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.Molecular weight of tag is 14kDa.
References for Anti-HIF-1-alpha antibody (ab82832)
ab82832 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.