For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
||1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 22 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa).
- FunctionMay be involved in the calcium-dependent regulation of rhodopsin phosphorylation. Binds two calcium ions.
- Tissue specificityBrain specific.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the recoverin family.
Contains 4 EF-hand domains.
modificationsMyristoylation facilitates interaction with membranes.
Information by UniProt
- BDR 2 antibody
- BDR2 antibody
- Calcium binding protein BDR 2 antibody
Anti-Hippocalcin antibody - Aminoterminal end images
Western blot - Hippocalcin antibody (ab38595)
All lanes : Anti-Hippocalcin antibody - Aminoterminal end (ab38595) at 1/100 dilution
Lane 1 : Y79 cell lysate
Lane 2 : mouse brain tissue lysate
Predicted band size : 22 kDa
Observed band size : 22 kDa
Additional bands at : 35 kDa,37 kDa,50 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) - Hippocalcin antibody (ab38595)
Formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded human hepatocarcinoma tissue reacted with ab38595, peroxidase-conjugated to the secondary antibody, followed by AEC staining.
References for Anti-Hippocalcin antibody - Aminoterminal end (ab38595)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"