Anti-Histone H3 (acetyl K14) [EP964Y] antibody - ChIP Grade (ab52946)
- Product nameAnti-Histone H3 (acetyl K14) [EP964Y] antibody - ChIP GradeSee all Histone H3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP964Y] to Histone H3 (acetyl K14) - ChIP Grade
- SpecificityThere was no cross-reactivity observed with recombinant H3 or the following modifications Acetyl-K9/pS10, -K18, -K23, and -K27 in dot plot. We have data to indicate that this antibody will not cross react with mouse. The antibody was tested against brain, kidney, spleen and heart lysates.
- Tested applicationsChIP, WB, IP, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Schizosaccharomyces pombe
Does not react withMouse
A synthetic acetyl-specific peptide corresponding to residues around Lysine 14 of Histone H3
- Positive control
- C6 cell lysates, human adenocarcinoma of uterus tissue and HeLa cells.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP964Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52946 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC/IF: 1/250 - 1/500.
IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/250.
WB: 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 11 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 11 kDa).
Is unsuitable for Flow Cyt.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionCore component of nucleosome. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone H3 family.
- Developmental stageExpressed during S phase, then expression strongly decreases as cell division slows down during the process of differentiation.
modificationsAcetylation is generally linked to gene activation. Acetylation on Lys-10 (H3K9ac) impairs methylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s). Acetylation on Lys-19 (H3K18ac) and Lys-24 (H3K24ac) favors methylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me).
Citrullination at Arg-9 (H3R8ci) and/or Arg-18 (H3R17ci) by PADI4 impairs methylation and represses transcription.
Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me2a) by CARM1 is linked to gene activation. Symmetric dimethylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s) by PRMT5 is linked to gene repression. Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-3 (H3R2me2a) by PRMT6 is linked to gene repression and is mutually exclusive with H3 Lys-5 methylation (H3K4me2 and H3K4me3). H3R2me2a is present at the 3' of genes regardless of their transcription state and is enriched on inactive promoters, while it is absent on active promoters.
Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me), Lys-37 (H3K36me) and Lys-80 (H3K79me) are linked to gene activation. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) facilitates subsequent acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-80 (H3K79me) is associated with DNA double-strand break (DSB) responses and is a specific target for TP53BP1. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me) are linked to gene repression. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) is a specific target for HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) and prevents subsequent phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) and acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) and Lys-80 (H3K79me) require preliminary monoubiquitination of H2B at 'Lys-120'. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me) are enriched in inactive X chromosome chromatin.
Phosphorylated at Thr-4 (H3T3ph) by GSG2/haspin during prophase and dephosphorylated during anaphase. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB is crucial for chromosome condensation and cell-cycle progression during mitosis and meiosis. In addition phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by RPS6KA4 and RPS6KA5 is important during interphase because it enables the transcription of genes following external stimulation, like mitogens, stress, growth factors or UV irradiation and result in the activation of genes, such as c-fos and c-jun. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph), which is linked to gene activation, prevents methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) but facilitates acetylation of H3 and H4. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB mediates the dissociation of HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) from heterochromatin. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) is also an essential regulatory mechanism for neoplastic cell transformation. Phosphorylated at Ser-29 (H3S28ph) by MLTK isoform 1, RPS6KA5 or AURKB during mitosis or upon ultraviolet B irradiation. Phosphorylation at Thr-7 (H3T6ph) by PRKCBB is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that prevents demethylation of Lys-5 (H3K4me) by LSD1/KDM1A. At centromeres, specifically phosphorylated at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) from prophase to early anaphase, by DAPK3 and PKN1. Phosphorylation at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) by PKN1 is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that promotes demethylation of Lys-10 (H3K9me) by KDM4C/JMJD2C. Phosphorylation at Tyr-42 (H3Y41ph) by JAK2 promotes exclusion of CBX5 (HP1 alpha) from chromatin.
Monoubiquitinated by RAG1 in lymphoid cells, monoubiquitination is required for V(D)J recombination (By similarity). Ubiquitinated by the CUL4-DDB-RBX1 complex in response to ultraviolet irradiation. This may weaken the interaction between histones and DNA and facilitate DNA accessibility to repair proteins.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Entrez Gene: 8350 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8351 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8352 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8353 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8354 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8355 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8356 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8357 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8358 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8968 Human
- Entrez Gene: 100364501 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 100365669 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 291159 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 679994 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 680511 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 682330 Rat
- Omim: 142780 Human
- Omim: 601058 Human
- Omim: 601128 Human
- SwissProt: P68431 Human
- SwissProt: P84243 Human
- SwissProt: Q71DI3 Human
- SwissProt: Q6LED0 Rat
- Unigene: 132854 Human
- Unigene: 247813 Human
- Unigene: 247814 Human
- Unigene: 248176 Human
- Unigene: 443021 Human
- Unigene: 484990 Human
- Unigene: 532144 Human
- Unigene: 533292 Human
- Unigene: 546315 Human
- Unigene: 586261 Human
- Unigene: 591778 Human
- Unigene: 138090 Rat
- H 3 antibody
- H3 antibody
- H3/A antibody
- H31_HUMAN antibody
- H3FA antibody
- H4F antibody
- HIST1H3J antibody
- HIST1H4 antibody
- Histone cluster 1, H3a antibody
- Histone H3.1 antibody
- Histone H3.3 antibody
- Histone H3/a antibody
- Histone H3/b antibody
- Histone H3/c antibody
- Histone H3/d antibody
- Histone H3/f antibody
- Histone H3/h antibody
- Histone H3/i antibody
- Histone H3/j antibody
- Histone H3/k antibody
- Histone H3/l antibody
- Histone H4 antibody
Anti-Histone H3 (acetyl K14) [EP964Y] antibody - ChIP Grade images
All lanes : Anti-Histone H3 (acetyl K14) [EP964Y] antibody - ChIP Grade (ab52946) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : C6 cell lysates untreated
Lane 2 : C6 cell lysates treated with TSA
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 11 kDa
Observed band size : 11 kDa
ab52946 at 1/100-1/250 dilution staining Histone H3 (acetyl K14) in human adenocarcinoma of uterus by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin embedded tissue.
ab52946 at 1/250-1/500 dilution staining Histone H3 (acetyl K14) in HeLa cells by Immunofluorescence.
ICC/IF image of ab52946 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab52946, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG - H&L, pre-adsorbed (ab96899) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Histone H3 (acetyl K14) [EP964Y] antibody - ChIP Grade (ab52946)
This product has been referenced in:
- Evellin S et al. FOSL1 controls the assembly of endothelial cells into capillary tubes by direct repression of av and ß3 integrin transcription. Mol Cell Biol 33:1198-209 (2013). Human . Read more (PubMed: 23319049) »
- Castellano JF et al. Age-related memory impairment is associated with disrupted multivariate epigenetic coordination in the hippocampus. PLoS One 7:e33249 (2012). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 22438904) »