Anti-Histone H3 (di+tri methyl K4) [mAbcam 6000] antibody - ChIP Grade (ab6000)
- Product nameAnti-Histone H3 (di+tri methyl K4) [mAbcam 6000] antibody - ChIP GradeSee all Histone H3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [mAbcam 6000] to Histone H3 (di+tri methyl K4) - ChIP Grade
- SpecificityThis antibody detects a band of the appropriate size when used in Western blotting on a calf thymus histone preparation (see image). It is specifically blocked by peptides corresponding to di methylated K4 of Histone H3 and to tri methylated K4. It is not blocked by peptides corresponding to mono methylated K4, mono methyl K27, di methyl K9, tri methyl K9 and unmodified K4. Thus, we believe that this antibody is specific for di and tri methylated K4 of Histone H3.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P, WB, ICC, ChIP, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rabbit, Cow, Human, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster), Rice, Candida albicans
Predicted to work with: Rat, Chicken, Xenopus laevis, Arabidopsis thaliana, Caenorhabditis elegans, Schizosaccharomyces pombe, Neurospora crassa
Synthetic peptide derived from residues 1 - 100 of Human Histone H3, tri methylated at K4.
. Hybridomas were prepared and the resulting clones were positively screened by ELISA against the immunising peptide and negatively screened against the non-modified equivalent peptide .
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numbermAbcam 6000
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6000 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 20823885|
|WB||WB: 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 15.2 kDa.Can be blocked with Human Histone H3 (tri methyl K4) peptide (ab1342) or Histone H3 (di methyl K4) peptide (ab7768).|
|ChIP||ChIP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionCore component of nucleosome. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone H3 family.
- Developmental stageExpressed during S phase, then expression strongly decreases as cell division slows down during the process of differentiation.
modificationsAcetylation is generally linked to gene activation. Acetylation on Lys-10 (H3K9ac) impairs methylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s). Acetylation on Lys-19 (H3K18ac) and Lys-24 (H3K24ac) favors methylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me).
Citrullination at Arg-9 (H3R8ci) and/or Arg-18 (H3R17ci) by PADI4 impairs methylation and represses transcription.
Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me2a) by CARM1 is linked to gene activation. Symmetric dimethylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s) by PRMT5 is linked to gene repression. Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-3 (H3R2me2a) by PRMT6 is linked to gene repression and is mutually exclusive with H3 Lys-5 methylation (H3K4me2 and H3K4me3). H3R2me2a is present at the 3' of genes regardless of their transcription state and is enriched on inactive promoters, while it is absent on active promoters.
Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me), Lys-37 (H3K36me) and Lys-80 (H3K79me) are linked to gene activation. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) facilitates subsequent acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-80 (H3K79me) is associated with DNA double-strand break (DSB) responses and is a specific target for TP53BP1. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me) are linked to gene repression. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) is a specific target for HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) and prevents subsequent phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) and acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) and Lys-80 (H3K79me) require preliminary monoubiquitination of H2B at 'Lys-120'. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me) are enriched in inactive X chromosome chromatin.
Phosphorylated at Thr-4 (H3T3ph) by GSG2/haspin during prophase and dephosphorylated during anaphase. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB is crucial for chromosome condensation and cell-cycle progression during mitosis and meiosis. In addition phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by RPS6KA4 and RPS6KA5 is important during interphase because it enables the transcription of genes following external stimulation, like mitogens, stress, growth factors or UV irradiation and result in the activation of genes, such as c-fos and c-jun. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph), which is linked to gene activation, prevents methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) but facilitates acetylation of H3 and H4. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB mediates the dissociation of HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) from heterochromatin. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) is also an essential regulatory mechanism for neoplastic cell transformation. Phosphorylated at Ser-29 (H3S28ph) by MLTK isoform 1, RPS6KA5 or AURKB during mitosis or upon ultraviolet B irradiation. Phosphorylation at Thr-7 (H3T6ph) by PRKCBB is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that prevents demethylation of Lys-5 (H3K4me) by LSD1/KDM1A. At centromeres, specifically phosphorylated at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) from prophase to early anaphase, by DAPK3 and PKN1. Phosphorylation at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) by PKN1 is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that promotes demethylation of Lys-10 (H3K9me) by KDM4C/JMJD2C. Phosphorylation at Tyr-42 (H3Y41ph) by JAK2 promotes exclusion of CBX5 (HP1 alpha) from chromatin.
Monoubiquitinated by RAG1 in lymphoid cells, monoubiquitination is required for V(D)J recombination (By similarity). Ubiquitinated by the CUL4-DDB-RBX1 complex in response to ultraviolet irradiation. This may weaken the interaction between histones and DNA and facilitate DNA accessibility to repair proteins.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Entrez Gene: 176359 Caenorhabditis elegans
- Entrez Gene: 427887 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 326601 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 8350 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8351 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8352 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8353 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8354 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8355 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8356 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8357 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8358 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8968 Human
- Entrez Gene: 319152 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 319153 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 360198 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 97908 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100364501 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 100365669 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 291159 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 679994 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 680511 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 682330 Rat
- Omim: 601128 Human
- SwissProt: P59226 Arabidopsis thaliana
- SwissProt: P08898 Caenorhabditis elegans
- SwissProt: Q10453 Caenorhabditis elegans
- SwissProt: P84229 Chicken
- SwissProt: P68432 Cow
- SwissProt: P02299 Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster)
- SwissProt: P68431 Human
- SwissProt: Q16695 Human
- SwissProt: Q93081 Human
- SwissProt: P68433 Mouse
- SwissProt: P07041 Neurospora crassa
- SwissProt: Q6LED0 Rat
- Unigene: 132854 Human
- Unigene: 247813 Human
- Unigene: 247814 Human
- Unigene: 248176 Human
- Unigene: 443021 Human
- Unigene: 484990 Human
- Unigene: 532144 Human
- Unigene: 533292 Human
- Unigene: 546315 Human
- Unigene: 586261 Human
- Unigene: 591778 Human
- Unigene: 221301 Mouse
- Unigene: 261657 Mouse
- Unigene: 377874 Mouse
- Unigene: 390558 Mouse
- Unigene: 397328 Mouse
- Unigene: 138090 Rat
- FLJ92264 antibody
- H3 histone antibody
- H3 histone antibody
- H3 histone family, member A antibody
- H3/a antibody
- H3/b antibody
- H3/c antibody
- H3/d antibody
- h3/f antibody
- H3/h antibody
- H3/i antibody
- H3/j antibody
- H3/k antibody
- H3/l antibody
- H31_HUMAN antibody
- H3F1K antibody
- H3F3 antibody
- H3F3 antibody
- H3FA antibody
- H3FB antibody
- H3FC antibody
- H3FD antibody
- H3FF antibody
- H3FH antibody
- H3FI antibody
- H3FJ antibody
- H3FK antibody
- H3FL antibody
- HIST1H3A antibody
- HIST1H3B antibody
- HIST1H3C antibody
- HIST1H3D antibody
- HIST1H3E antibody
- HIST1H3F antibody
- HIST1H3G antibody
- HIST1H3H antibody
- HIST1H3I antibody
- HIST1H3J antibody
- HIST3H3 antibody
- HIST3H3 antibody
- Histone 1, H3a antibody
- Histone cluster 1, H3a antibody
- Histone cluster 1, H3b antibody
- Histone cluster 1, H3c antibody
- Histone cluster 1, H3d antibody
- Histone cluster 1, H3e antibody
- Histone cluster 1, H3f antibody
- Histone cluster 1, H3g antibody
- Histone cluster 1, H3i antibody
- Histone cluster 1, H3j antibody
- Histone H 3 antibody
- Histone H3.1 antibody
- Histone H3.1 antibody
- Histone H3/a antibody
- Histone H3/b antibody
- Histone H3/c antibody
- Histone H3/d antibody
- Histone H3/f antibody
- Histone H3/h antibody
- Histone H3/i antibody
- Histone H3/j antibody
- Histone H3/k antibody
- Histone H3/l antibody
Anti-Histone H3 (di+tri methyl K4) [mAbcam 6000] antibody - ChIP Grade images
All lanes : Anti-Histone H3 (di+tri methyl K4) [mAbcam 6000] antibody - ChIP Grade (ab6000) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Histone Prep
Lane 2 : Histone Prep with
Human Histone H3 (mono methyl K4) peptide (ab1340) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 3 : Histone Prep with
Histone H3 (di methyl K4) peptide (ab7768) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 4 : Histone Prep with
Human Histone H3 (tri methyl K4) peptide (ab1342) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 5 : Histone Prep with
Histone H3 (mono methyl K27) peptide (ab1780) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 6 : Histone Prep with
Human Histone H3 (di methyl K9) peptide (ab1772) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 7 : Histone Prep with
Human Histone H3 (tri methyl K9) peptide (ab1773) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 8 : Histone Prep with
Human Histone H3 (unmodified ) peptide (ab2903) at 1 µg/ml
Lysates/proteins at 1 µg per lane.
Rabbit Anti-Mouse IgG H&L (HRP) (ab6728) at 1/5000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 15.2 kDa
Exposure time : 2 minutes
Immunofluorescent imaging of human cells (U2OS) with ab6000 reveals a diffuse background nuclear staining corresponding to global dimethylation of K4, with multiple foci of brighter staining. The complete lack of nucleolar or cytoplasmic staining background confirms the high specificity of this antibody in this application.
IF was performed with a standard paraformaldehyde technique (fixed in PBS buffered PFH 4% for 5 minutes, permeabilised with 0.5% triton-PBS for 5 minutes, blocked with 5% milk / 0.2% tween for one hour. Primary antibody used at 1/200 in 5% milk / 0.2% TWEEN for one hour, secondary antibody Alexa 488 for 30 minutes. All blocking and incubation steps carried out at 37 degrees.
Due to the size constraints for images on our website, unfortunately we are unable to show a higher quality image.
Chromatin was prepared from U2OS cells according to the Abcam X-ChIP protocol. Cells were fixed with formaldehyde for 10min. The ChIP was performed with 25 µg of chromatin, 2 µg of ab6000 (blue), and 20 µl of protein A/G sepharose beads. No antibody was added to the beads control (yellow). The immunoprecipitated DNA was quantified by real time PCR (Taqman approach). Primers and probes are located in the first kb of the transcribed region.
ICC/IF image of ab6000 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab6000, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 4% PFA fixed (10 min) HepG2 and MCF7 cells at 1µg/ml.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab6000 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab6000, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2b [PLPV219] (ab91366, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
Left image shows human Hep cell monolayer fixed with 4% formaldehyde, permeabilized using 0.5% Triton X-100, blocked with 5% FCS in PBS (20 min) and incubated with ab6000 for 1 hr (diluted 1/200 in PBS plus 1% FCS). Detection with anti-mouse rhodamin labeled secondary antibody. Unstained areas represent nucleoli and heterochromatin as judged from DAPI overlay of the same cell in the right image.
This image was kindly supplied as part of the review submitted by Christian Schoefer.
References for Anti-Histone H3 (di+tri methyl K4) [mAbcam 6000] antibody - ChIP Grade (ab6000)
This product has been referenced in:
- Chow KT et al. MK5 activates Rag transcription via Foxo1 in developing B cells. J Exp Med 210:1621-34 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23878308) »
- Bhatla T et al. Epigenetic reprogramming reverses the relapse-specific gene expression signature and restores chemosensitivity in childhood B-lymphoblastic leukemia. Blood 119:5201-10 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22496163) »