Anti-Histone H3 (phospho S10) antibody (ab47297)
- Product nameAnti-Histone H3 (phospho S10) antibodySee all Histone H3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Histone H3 (phospho S10)
- SpecificityThis antibody detects endogenous levels of Histone H3.1 only when phosphorylated at Serine 10.
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, WB, IHC-P, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthesized phosphopeptide derived from human Histone H3 around the phosphorylation site of serine 10 (R-K-SP-T-G)
- Positive control
- WB: Extracts from HeLa cells IHC-P: Human breast carcinoma tissue
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody was purified using epitope specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab47297 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/500.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/2000. See Abreview.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 15 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 15 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionVariant histone H3 which replaces conventional H3 in a wide range of nucleosomes in active genes. Constitutes the predominant form of histone H3 in non-dividing cells and is incorporated into chromatin independently of DNA synthesis. Deposited at sites of nucleosomal displacement throughout transcribed genes, suggesting that it represents an epigenetic imprint of transcriptionally active chromatin. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone H3 family.
- Developmental stageExpressed throughout the cell cycle independently of DNA synthesis.
modificationsAcetylation is generally linked to gene activation. Acetylation on Lys-10 (H3K9ac) impairs methylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s). Acetylation on Lys-19 (H3K18ac) and Lys-24 (H3K24ac) favors methylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me).
Citrullination at Arg-9 (H3R8ci) and/or Arg-18 (H3R17ci) by PADI4 impairs methylation and represses transcription.
Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me2a) by CARM1 is linked to gene activation. Symmetric dimethylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s) by PRMT5 is linked to gene repression. Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-3 (H3R2me2a) by PRMT6 is linked to gene repression and is mutually exclusive with H3 Lys-5 methylation (H3K4me2 and H3K4me3). H3R2me2a is present at the 3' of genes regardless of their transcription state and is enriched on inactive promoters, while it is absent on active promoters.
Specifically enriched in modifications associated with active chromatin such as methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me), Lys-37 and Lys-80. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) facilitates subsequent acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-80 (H3K79me) is associated with DNA double-strand break (DSB) responses and is a specific target for TP53BP1. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me), which are linked to gene repression, are underrepresented. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) is a specific target for HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) and prevents subsequent phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) and acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) and Lys-80 (H3K79me) require preliminary monoubiquitination of H2B at 'Lys-120'. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me) are enriched in inactive X chromosome chromatin.
Phosphorylated at Thr-4 (H3T3ph) by GSG2/haspin during prophase and dephosphorylated during anaphase. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB is crucial for chromosome condensation and cell-cycle progression during mitosis and meiosis. In addition phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by RPS6KA4 and RPS6KA5 is important during interphase because it enables the transcription of genes following external stimulation, like mitogens, stress, growth factors or UV irradiation and result in the activation of genes, such as c-fos and c-jun. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph), which is linked to gene activation, prevents methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) but facilitates acetylation of H3 and H4. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB mediates the dissociation of HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) from heterochromatin. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) is also an essential regulatory mechanism for neoplastic cell transformation. Phosphorylated at Ser-29 (H3S28ph) by MLTK isoform 1, RPS6KA5 or AURKB during mitosis or upon ultraviolet B irradiation. Phosphorylation at Thr-7 (H3T6ph) by PRKCBB is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that prevents demethylation of Lys-5 (H3K4me) by LSD1/KDM1A. At centromeres, specifically phosphorylated at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) from prophase to early anaphase, by DAPK3 and PKN1. Phosphorylation at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) by PKN1 is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that promotes demethylation of Lys-10 (H3K9me) by KDM4C/JMJD2C. Phosphorylation at Tyr-42 (H3Y41ph) by JAK2 promotes exclusion of CBX5 (HP1 alpha) from chromatin. Phosphorylation on Ser-32 (H3S31ph) is specific to regions bordering centromeres in metaphase chromosomes.
Ubiquitinated. Monoubiquitinated by RAG1 in lymphoid cells, monoubiquitination is required for V(D)J recombination.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Entrez Gene: 3020 Human
- Entrez Gene: 3021 Human
- Entrez Gene: 15078 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 15081 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100361558 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 100365096 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 117056 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 289314 Rat
- Omim: 601128 Human
- SwissProt: P84243 Human
- SwissProt: Q16695 Human
- SwissProt: Q93081 Human
- SwissProt: P84244 Mouse
- SwissProt: P84245 Rat
- Unigene: 180877 Human
- Unigene: 533624 Human
- Unigene: 726012 Human
- Unigene: 138832 Mouse
- Unigene: 18516 Mouse
- Unigene: 315189 Mouse
- Unigene: 316825 Mouse
- Unigene: 322735 Mouse
- Unigene: 371563 Mouse
- Unigene: 442502 Mouse
- Unigene: 106155 Rat
- Unigene: 124815 Rat
- Unigene: 198918 Rat
- Unigene: 29857 Rat
- H3 3 like sequence MH921 antibody
- H3 3A antibody
- H3 a antibody
- H3 b antibody
- H3 c antibody
- H3 d antibody
- H3 f antibody
- H3 h antibody
- H3 histone family member E pseudogene antibody
- H3 i antibody
- H3 j antibody
- H3 k antibody
- H3 l antibody
- H33_HUMAN antibody
- H3F3 antibody
- H3f3b antibody
- Histone H3 3 pseudogene antibody
- Histone H3.3 antibody
Anti-Histone H3 (phospho S10) antibody images
ab47297 staining human breast carcinoma by IHC-P (left hand panel). The right hand panel shows staining in the presence of immunizing phosphopeptide.Ab47297 staining human breast carcinoma by IHC-P (left hand panel). The right hand panel shows staining in the presence of immunizing phosphopeptide.
All lanes : Anti-Histone H3 (phospho S10) antibody (ab47297)
Lane 1 : EGF + Calyculin treated HeLa cells + phospho-peptide.
Lane 2 : EGF + Calyculin treated HeLa cells. No phosphopeptide.
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 15 kDa
ab47297 staining Histone H3 (phospho S10) in embryonic mouse brain by IHC-Fr (Paraformaldehyde-fixed Frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.1% TX-100 and blocked with 10% serum for 1 hour at 25°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody 1/2000 (10%NGS in PBS + 0.1% TX10) for 16 hours at 25°C. An Alexa Fluor®-conjugated Goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG (ab150077), dilution 1/400, was used as secondary antibody. The image shows ab47297 staining (green) in the CNS ventricular zone; there was no background staining with ab47297.
References for Anti-Histone H3 (phospho S10) antibody (ab47297)
This product has been referenced in:
- Filippakopoulos P et al. Histone recognition and large-scale structural analysis of the human bromodomain family. Cell 149:214-31 (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22464331) »
- Lee YY et al. BCLAF1 is a radiation-induced H2AX-interacting partner involved in ?H2AX-mediated regulation of apoptosis and DNA repair. Cell Death Dis 3:e359 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22833098) »