Anti-Histone H4 (acetyl K5) [EP1000Y] antibody - ChIP Grade (ab51997)
- Product nameAnti-Histone H4 (acetyl K5) [EP1000Y] antibody - ChIP GradeSee all Histone H4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1000Y] to Histone H4 (acetyl K5) - ChIP Grade
- Tested applicationsChIP, WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Xenopus laevis, Rice
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the N-terminus of human Histone H4.
- Positive control
- HeLa cells or human brain glioma.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP1000Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51997 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ChIP||ChIP: Use at an assay dependent dilution. See reference.|
|WB||WB: 1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 11 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 11 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/250 - 1/500.|
- FunctionCore component of nucleosome. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone H4 family.
modificationsAcetylation at Lys-6 (H4K5ac), Lys-9 (H4K8ac), Lys-13 (H4K12ac) and Lys-17 (H4K16ac) occurs in coding regions of the genome but not in heterochromatin.
Citrullination at Arg-4 (H4R3ci) by PADI4 impairs methylation.
Monomethylation and asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-4 (H4R3me1 and H4R3me2a, respectively) by PRMT1 favors acetylation at Lys-9 (H4K8ac) and Lys-13 (H4K12ac). Demethylation is performed by JMJD6. Symmetric dimethylation on Arg-4 (H4R3me2s) by the PRDM1/PRMT5 complex may play a crucial role in the germ-cell lineage.
Monomethylated, dimethylated or trimethylated at Lys-21 (H4K20me1, H4K20me2, H4K20me3). Monomethylation is performed by SET8. Trimethylation is performed by SUV420H1 and SUV420H2 and induces gene silencing.
Ubiquitinated by the CUL4-DDB-RBX1 complex in response to ultraviolet irradiation. This may weaken the interaction between histones and DNA and facilitate DNA accessibility to repair proteins. Monoubiquitinated at Lys-92 of histone H4 (H4K91ub1) in response to DNA damage. The exact role of H4K91ub1 in DNA damage response is still unclear but it may function as a licensing signal for additional histone H4 post-translational modifications such as H4 Lys-21 methylation (H4K20me).
Sumoylated, which is associated with transcriptional repression.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Entrez Gene: 121504 Human
- Entrez Gene: 554313 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8294 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8359 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8360 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8361 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8362 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8363 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8364 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8365 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8366 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8367 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8368 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8370 Human
- Entrez Gene: 100041230 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 319155 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 319156 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 319157 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 319158 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 319159 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 319160 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 319161 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 320332 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 326619 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 326620 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 674678 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 69386 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 97122 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 64627 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 378643 Xenopus laevis
- Entrez Gene: 447787 Xenopus laevis
- Omim: 142750 Human
- SwissProt: P62805 Human
- SwissProt: P62806 Mouse
- SwissProt: P62804 Rat
- SwissProt: P62799 Xenopus laevis
- Unigene: 143080 Human
- Unigene: 247816 Human
- Unigene: 248172 Human
- Unigene: 248178 Human
- Unigene: 248179 Human
- Unigene: 278483 Human
- Unigene: 352191 Human
- Unigene: 46423 Human
- Unigene: 528055 Human
- Unigene: 533295 Human
- Unigene: 55468 Human
- Unigene: 591790 Human
- Unigene: 655235 Human
- Unigene: 662174 Human
- Unigene: 706635 Human
- Unigene: 718935 Human
- Unigene: 144300 Mouse
- Unigene: 14775 Mouse
- Unigene: 158272 Mouse
- Unigene: 227295 Mouse
- Unigene: 228709 Mouse
- Unigene: 246720 Mouse
- Unigene: 255646 Mouse
- Unigene: 260530 Mouse
- Unigene: 261642 Mouse
- Unigene: 261662 Mouse
- Unigene: 261664 Mouse
- Unigene: 377875 Mouse
- Unigene: 442307 Mouse
- Unigene: 85592 Xenopus laevis
- H4 antibody
- H4_HUMAN antibody
- H4F2 antibody
- HIST4H4 antibody
- Histone H4 antibody
Anti-Histone H4 (acetyl K5) [EP1000Y] antibody - ChIP Grade images
All lanes : Anti-Histone H4 (acetyl K5) [EP1000Y] antibody - ChIP Grade (ab51997) at 1/1000000 dilution
Lane 1 : Untreated HeLa cells
Lane 2 : TSA treated HeLa calls
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat anti-rabbit HRP labelled (1:2000)
Predicted band size : 11 kDa
Observed band size : 11 kDa
Ab51997 (1:500) staining human histone H4 on human brain glioma by immunohistochemistry using paraffin embedded tissue.
ICC/IF image of ab51997 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab51997, 1/1000 dilution) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Histone H4 (acetyl K5) [EP1000Y] antibody - ChIP Grade (ab51997)
This product has been referenced in:
- Wells CE et al. Inhibition of histone deacetylase 3 causes replication stress in cutaneous T cell lymphoma. PLoS One 8:e68915 (2013). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23894374) »
- Schiza V et al. N-alpha-terminal acetylation of histone H4 regulates arginine methylation and ribosomal DNA silencing. PLoS Genet 9:e1003805 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 24068969) »