HIV1 gp41 protein fragment (ab49068)
- Product nameHIV1 gp41 protein fragmentSee all HIV1 gp41 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab49068 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityReacts strongly with human HIV positive serum.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Additional NotesReacts strongly with human HIV positive serum.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 8M Urea, 20mM Tris HCl, 10mM Beta mercaptoethanol, pH 8
- Env polyprotein
- Envelope glycoprotein gp160
- Envelope Protein gp120
- Glycoprotein 41
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 gp41
- Transmembrane protein
- Relevancegp41/120 is the major HIV protein associated with the HIV envelope. It functions as the viral antireceptor or attachment protein. gp41 (or TM) traverses the envelope, whereas gp120 is present on the outer surface and is noncovalently attached to gp41. The precursor of gp120/41 (gp160) is synthesized in the endoplasmic reticulum and is transported via the golgi body to the cell surface. Upon activation of the envelope glycoprotein (gp120/41) by cellular receptors, gp41 undergoes conformational changes that mediate fusion of the viral and cellular membranes.
References for HIV1 gp41 protein fragment (ab49068)
ab49068 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.