HIV1 Nef protein fragment (ab49060)
- Product nameHIV1 Nef protein fragmentSee all HIV1 Nef proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab49060 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityReacts strongly with human HIV positive serum.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Additional NotesReacts strongly with human HIV positive serum.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.014M Beta mercaptoethanol, 0.01M Sodium carbonate, 0.01M EDTA
- C terminal core protein
- F protein
- Negative factor
- RelevanceNef is a early protein that appears to play a role in optimizing the host cell environment for viral replication without causing cell death by apoptosis. Nef enhances virus infectivity and pathogenicity. It down modulates surface MHC I molecules and internalized molecules are sequested to the trans-Golgi network. The number of cell surface CD4 antigen are decreased by interacting with the Src family kinase LCK thereby inducing LCK CD4 dissociation and by increasing clathrin-dependent endocytosis of this antigen to target it to lysosomal degradation.
References for HIV1 Nef protein fragment (ab49060)
ab49060 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.