HIV1 tat full length protein (ab83353)
- Product nameHIV1 tat full length proteinSee all HIV1 tat proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83353 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityab83353 reacts with anti-Tat antibodies from human, monkey, rabbit and mouse serum.
- Purity> 90
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Additional Notesab83353 reacts with anti-Tat antibodies from human, monkey, rabbit and mouse serum.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at -70°C
Constituents: 0.1% Glycerol
- ReconstitutionThe protein should be reconstituted in apirogenic sterile water or PBS buffer. The reconstituted solution has to be used immediately.
- Protein Tat
- Transactivating regulatory protein
- RelevanceHIV1 tat (Transactivator of Transcription) protein is a pleiotropic factor that induces a broad range of biological effects in numerous cell types. At the HIV promoter, tat is a powerful transactivator of gene expression which acts by inducing chromatin remodeling and by recruiting elongation-competent transcriptional complexes on to the viral LTR.
- Cellular localizationNuclear. Upon stimulation with EDN1, it is exported from the nucleus to the perinuclear region.
References for HIV1 tat full length protein (ab83353)
This product has been referenced in:
- Qu J et al. The Tat protein of human immunodeficiency virus-1 enhances hepatitis C virus replication through interferon gamma-inducible protein-10. BMC Immunol 13:15 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22471703) »