Anti-HP1 gamma antibody (ab56978)
- Product nameAnti-HP1 gamma antibodySee all HP1 gamma primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal to HP1 gamma
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein, corresponding to amino acids 1-184 of Human HP1 gamma
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab56978 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 0.5µg for 106 cells.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionSeems to be involved in transcriptional silencing in heterochromatin-like complexes. Recognizes and binds histone H3 tails methylated at 'Lys-9', leading to epigenetic repression. May contribute to the association of the heterochromatin with the inner nuclear membrane through its interaction with lamin B receptor (LBR). Involved in the formation of functional kinetochore through interaction with MIS12 complex proteins.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 2 chromo domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated by PIM1. Phosphorylated during interphase and possibly hyper-phosphorylated during mitosis.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Associates with euchromatin and is largely excluded from constitutive heterochromatin. May be associated with microtubules and mitotic poles during mitosis.
- CBX 3 antibody
- CBX3 antibody
- CBX3_HUMAN antibody
- Chromobox homolog 3 (HP1 gamma homolog, Drosophila) antibody
- Chromobox homolog 3 antibody
- Chromobox protein homolog 3 antibody
- GAMMA antibody
- HECH antibody
- Heterochromatin like protein 1 antibody
- Heterochromatin protein 1 homolog gamma antibody
- Heterochromatin protein HP1 gamma antibody
- HP1 gamma antibody
- HP1 gamma homolog antibody
- HP1Hs gamma antibody
- Modifier 2 protein antibody
Anti-HP1 gamma antibody images
HP1 gamma antibody (ab56978) used in immunofluorescence at 10ug/ml on HeLa cells.
Predicted band size : 21 kDa
HP1 gamma antibody (ab56978) at 1ug/lane + HeLa cell lysate at 25ug/lane.
IHC image of ab56978 staining in human colon formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab56978, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab56978 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab56978, 0.5µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
References for Anti-HP1 gamma antibody (ab56978)
This product has been referenced in:
- Antrobus R et al. Proteomic analysis of cells in the early stages of herpes simplex virus type-1 infection reveals widespread changes in the host cell proteome. Proteomics 9:3913-27 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19670248) »