Anti-HSP60 IgG/A/M Human ELISA Kit (ab133059)
- Product nameAnti-HSP60 IgG/A/M Human ELISA Kit
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 16 < 10%
- Sample typeSerum
- Assay typeIndirect
- Sensitivity2.88 ng/ml
- Range7.81 ng/ml - 250 ng/ml
- Assay time4h 0m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
The Anti-HSP60 IgG/A/M Human ELISA kit provides a method to detect and quantitate antibodies to Human HSP60 in serum samples from Human origin. This assay allows for reproducible, accurate and precise determination of IgG, IgA and IgM antibodies (total) to Human HSP60 in serum.
ab133059 Anti-HSP60 IgG/A/M Human ELISA Kit uses recombinant Human HSP60 bound to the wells of the Rec. Human Hsp60 Immunoassay Plate to bind anti-Human HSP60 antibodies present in Human serum. The captured anti-Human HSP60 antibodies are detected with a hydrogen peroxidase conjugated goat polyclonal antibody specific for Human IgG, IgA and IgM molecules. The assay is developed with tetramethylbenzidine substrate producing a blue color in proportion to the amount of captured anti-Human HSP60 antibodies. The color development is stopped with acid stop solution which converts the endpoint color to yellow. The intensity of the color is measured in a microplate reader at 450nm.
Traditional methods for detection and quantitation of anti-Human HSP60 antibodies were accomplished by using pre-screened serum samples with a high level of anti-Human HSP60. These samples were assigned a concentration of 1000 arbitrary units/ml (Aunits/ml) and were used to generate standard dose-response curves from which antibody levels in test samples were determined.
ab133059 Anti-HSP60 IgG/A/M Human ELISA Kit uses a calibrated standard of Anti-Human Hsp60 (lgG/A/M) isolated from pooled Human sera to generate a standard curve. The kit provides researchers with a rapid, reliable and standardized method to measure the levels of anti-Human HSP60 in Human serum samples by interpolating absorbance readings from the standard curve.
HSP60 is a member of the chaperonin family of heat shock proteins, with homologs functioning in the cytosol and mitochondria to fold nascent and aggregated proteins. HSP60 is the eukaryotic homolog of the E. coli GroEL protein, and forms a multimeric complex in the mitochondria with Hsp10 (Cpn10) to form a large central cavity in which ATP-dependent protein folding takes place. TRiC/CCT, a eukaryotic relative of HSP60, is expressed in the cytosol and participates in the folding of actin and tubulin substrates, but lacks any association with an Hsp10-like co-factor.
Plates are not provided
- Tested applicationsIndirect ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests Anti-Human GAM-HRP Conjugate 1 x 10ml Anti-Human Hsp60 Standard 1 x 0.12ml Rec. Human Hsp60 Immunoassay Plate 1 unit Sample Diluent 1 1 x 100ml Stop Solution 2 1 x 10ml TMB Substrate 1 x 10ml Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 100ml
- Research Areas
- FunctionImplicated in mitochondrial protein import and macromolecular assembly. May facilitate the correct folding of imported proteins. May also prevent misfolding and promote the refolding and proper assembly of unfolded polypeptides generated under stress conditions in the mitochondrial matrix.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in HSPD1 are a cause of spastic paraplegia autosomal dominant type 13 (SPG13) [MIM:605280]. Spastic paraplegia is a degenerative spinal cord disorder characterized by a slow, gradual, progressive weakness and spasticity of the lower limbs.
Defects in HSPD1 are the cause of leukodystrophy hypomyelinating type 4 (HLD4) [MIM:612233]; also called mitochondrial HSP60 chaperonopathy or MitCHAP-60 disease. HLD4 is a severe autosomal recessive hypomyelinating leukodystrophy. Clinically characterized by infantile-onset rotary nystagmus, progressive spastic paraplegia, neurologic regression, motor impairment, profound mental retardation. Death usually occurrs within the first two decades of life.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the chaperonin (HSP60) family.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion matrix.
- 60 kDa chaperonin
- 60 kDa heat shock protein
- Chaperonin 60
- Heat shock protein 60
- Mitochondrial matrix protein P1
- P60 lymphocyte protein
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab133059 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Anti-HSP60 IgG/A/M Human ELISA Kit (ab133059)
ab133059 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.