Anti-Hsp70 antibody [BB70] (ab53496)
- Product nameAnti-Hsp70 antibody [BB70]See all Hsp70 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [BB70] to Hsp70
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, WB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Chicken, Guinea pig, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Xenopus laevis, Carp, Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster), Schizosaccharomyces pombe, Rainbow Trout
Chicken Hsp70/Hsp90 complex
- Positive control
- Hela cell lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberBB70
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53496 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 0.5µg for 106 cells.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 70 kDa. Detects 72kDa and 73kDa proteins corresponding to the molecular mass of inducible hsp and hsc70 on SDS PAGE immunoblots.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionIn cooperation with other chaperones, Hsp70s stabilize preexistent proteins against aggregation and mediate the folding of newly translated polypeptides in the cytosol as well as within organelles. These chaperones participate in all these processes through their ability to recognize nonnative conformations of other proteins. They bind extended peptide segments with a net hydrophobic character exposed by polypeptides during translation and membrane translocation, or following stress-induced damage. In case of rotavirus A infection, serves as a post-attachment receptor for the virus to facilitate entry into the cell.
- Tissue specificityHSPA1B is testis-specific.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heat shock protein 70 family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- Entrez Gene: 423504 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 281825 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 403612 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 3303 Human
- Entrez Gene: 3304 Human
- Entrez Gene: 15511 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 193740 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100354037 Rabbit
- Entrez Gene: 24472 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 294254 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 398343 Xenopus laevis
- Omim: 140550 Human
- SwissProt: Q27975 Cow
- SwissProt: Q7YQC6 Dog
- SwissProt: P08107 Human
- SwissProt: P17879 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q61696 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q07439 Rat
- Unigene: 274402 Human
- Unigene: 719966 Human
- Unigene: 728810 Human
- Unigene: 1950 Rat
- Unigene: 228225 Rat
- Constitutive heat shock protein 70 antibody
- dnaK type molecular chaperone HSP70 1 antibody
- FLJ54303 antibody
- FLJ54370 antibody
- FLJ54392 antibody
- FLJ54408 antibody
- FLJ75127 antibody
- Heat shock 70 kDa protein 1 antibody
- Heat shock 70 kDa protein 1/2 antibody
- Heat shock 70 kDa protein 1A/1B antibody
- Heat shock 70kD protein 1 antibody
- Heat shock 70kD protein 10 (HSC71) antibody
- Heat shock 70kD protein 8 (HSP73) antibody
- Heat shock 70kDa protein 1A antibody
- Heat shock 70kDa protein 1B antibody
- Heat shock cognate 71 kDa protein antibody
- Heat shock induced protein antibody
- HSP70 1 antibody
- HSP70 1/HSP70 2 antibody
- HSP70 2 antibody
- HSP70-1/HSP70-2 antibody
- HSP70-1A antibody
- HSP70.1 antibody
- HSP70.1/HSP70.2 antibody
- HSP70I antibody
- HSP71_HUMAN antibody
- HSP72 antibody
- HSPA1 antibody
- HSPA1A antibody
- HSPA1B antibody
- Lipopolysaccharide associated protein 1 antibody
- LPS associated protein 1 antibody
- MGC131511 antibody
- MGC29929 antibody
- N myristoyltransferase inhibitor protein 71 antibody
- NIP71 antibody
- Uncharacterized bone marrow protein BM034 antibody
Anti-Hsp70 antibody [BB70] images
Ab53496, at a 1/200 dilution, staining Hsp70 + Hsc70 in nuclear smears of rat hepatocytes by immunocytochemistry.
2.Five hours after exposure to hyperthermic stress
Ab53496, at a dilution of 1/200, staining Hsp70 + Hsc70 in liver smears of rat hepatocytes by Immunohistochemistry Formalin fixed Parafin embedded tissue.
2. Two hours after exposure tp hyperthermic stress
ab53496 at 100,000 dilution staining Hsp70 + Hsc70 in human colon cancer tissue section by immunohistochemistry (Formalin/ PFA fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections). A antibody amplifier™ system was used for staining.
ab53496 at 100,000 dilution staining Hsp70 + Hsc70 in mouse colon cancer tissue section by immunohistochemistry (Formalin/ PFA fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections). A antibody amplifier™ system was used for staining. A HRP-conjugated secondary antibody was used at 1/10 dilution.
Anti-Hsp70 antibody [BB70] (ab53496) at 1/1000 dilution + Bovine MDBK cells
Predicted band size : 70 kDa
ab53496 staining Hsp70 in LLC-PK1 cells expressing Hsp70 under cold block conditions, by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.
Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.01% Triton X-100 in PBS for 4 minutes and blocked with 1% BSA/PBS for 20 minutes. Samples were incubated with primary antibody overnight at 4°C.
Overlay histogram showing Jurkat cells stained with ab53496 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab53496, 0.5µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line). Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. This antibody gave a positive signal in Jurkat cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.