Anti-Hsp70 [C92F3A-5] antibody (ab47455)
- Product nameAnti-Hsp70 [C92F3A-5] antibodySee all Hsp70 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [C92F3A-5] to Hsp70
- SpecificityDetects a 70kDa protein corresponding to the molecular mass of Hsp70 of SDS PAGE immunoblots. There is no cross-reactivity to Hsc70 (Hsp73).
- Tested applicationsElectron Microscopy, WB, IP, ELISA, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Dog, Pig, Caenorhabditis elegans, Macaque Monkey, Bos mutus grunniens , Saguinus oedipus , Onchocerca volvulus, Oncorhynchus tshawytscha
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human Hsp70 aa 436-503.
Sequence: YSDNQPGVLIQVYEGERAMTKDNNLLGRFELSGIPPAPRG VPQIEVTFDIDANGILNVTATDKSTGKANKITI
Database link: P08107
- EpitopeThe mapped epitope is in the region of amino acid residues 436-503.
- Positive control
- HeLa, A431, A549, HCT116, HEK293, HepG2, HL-60, HUVEC, Jurkat, MCF7, PC3, T98G and Rat Braiin tumour lysates.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% PBS, 50% Glycerol
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clone numberC92F3A-5
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab47455 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Electron Microscopy||EM: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 70 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionIn cooperation with other chaperones, Hsp70s stabilize preexistent proteins against aggregation and mediate the folding of newly translated polypeptides in the cytosol as well as within organelles. These chaperones participate in all these processes through their ability to recognize nonnative conformations of other proteins. They bind extended peptide segments with a net hydrophobic character exposed by polypeptides during translation and membrane translocation, or following stress-induced damage. In case of rotavirus A infection, serves as a post-attachment receptor for the virus to facilitate entry into the cell.
- Tissue specificityHSPA1B is testis-specific.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heat shock protein 70 family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- Entrez Gene: 281825 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 403612 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 3303 Human
- Entrez Gene: 3304 Human
- Entrez Gene: 15511 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 193740 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24472 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 294254 Rat
- Omim: 140550 Human
- SwissProt: Q27975 Cow
- SwissProt: Q7YQC6 Dog
- SwissProt: P08107 Human
- SwissProt: P17879 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q61696 Mouse
- SwissProt: P34930 Pig
- SwissProt: Q07439 Rat
- Unigene: 274402 Human
- Unigene: 719966 Human
- Unigene: 728810 Human
- Unigene: 1950 Rat
- Unigene: 228225 Rat
- FLJ54303 antibody
- FLJ54370 antibody
- FLJ54392 antibody
- FLJ54408 antibody
- FLJ75127 antibody
- Heat shock 70 kDa protein 1 antibody
- Heat shock 70 kDa protein 1/2 antibody
- Heat shock 70 kDa protein 1A/1B antibody
- Heat shock 70kDa protein 1A antibody
- Heat shock 70kDa protein 1B antibody
- Heat shock induced protein antibody
- HSP70 1 antibody
- HSP70-1/HSP70-2 antibody
- HSP70-1A antibody
- HSP70.1 antibody
- HSP70.1/HSP70.2 antibody
- HSP70I antibody
- HSP71_HUMAN antibody
- HSP72 antibody
- HSPA1 antibody
- HSPA1B antibody
Anti-Hsp70 [C92F3A-5] antibody images
Predicted band size : 70 kDa
Additional bands at : 70 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Western blot of Hela cell heat shock lysate, using HRP conjugated goat anti-mouse secondary antibody for detection. (1µg/mL ab47455 was used to detect in 10µg of heat shocked HeLa cell lysate)
All lanes : Anti-Hsp70 [C92F3A-5] antibody (ab47455) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Cell lysate prepared from human A431 cell line
Lane 2 : Cell lysate prepared from human A549 cell line
Lane 3 : Cell lysate prepared from human HCT116 cells line
Lane 4 : Cell lysate prepared from human Hela cell line
Lane 5 : Cell lysate prepared from human HEK293 cell line
Lane 6 : Cell lysate prepared from human HepG2 cell line
Lane 7 : Cell lysate prepared from human HL-60 cell line
Lane 8 : Cell lysate prepared from human HUVEC cell line
Lane 9 : Cell lysate prepared from human Jurkat cell line
Lane 10 : Cell lysate prepared from human MCF7 cell line
Lane 11 : Cell lysate prepared from human PC3 cell line
Lane 12 : Cell lysate prepared from human T98G cell line
Lane 13 : Rat brain tissue lysates
Predicted band size : 70 kDa
All are cancer cell lines.
ab47455 staining Hsp70 in mouse colon cancer tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Bouin's fixed paraffin embedded tissue sections). The primary antibody was diluted at 1/100,000. A Flourophore conjugated goat anti mouse was used as secondary. An antibody amplifier™ system was used for staining.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab47455 (red line). The cells were fixed with methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab47455, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1:500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a significantly decreased signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-Hsp70 [C92F3A-5] antibody (ab47455)
This product has been referenced in:
- Besio R et al. Kinetic and structural evidences on human prolidase pathological mutants suggest strategies for enzyme functional rescue. PLoS One 8:e58792 (2013). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23516557) »
- Weng H et al. Expression and significance of HMGB1, TLR4 and NF-?B p65 in human epidermal tumors. BMC Cancer 13:311 (2013). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23803172) »