Human 53BP1 peptide (ab98293)
- Product nameHuman 53BP1 peptideSee all 53BP1 proteins and peptides ...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab98293 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- 53 BP1
- p53 binding protein 1
- p53 BP1
- p53-binding protein 1
- TP53 BP1
- TRP53 BP1
- Tumor protein 53 binding protein 1
- Tumor protein p53 binding protein 1
- Tumor suppressor p53 binding protein 1
- Tumor suppressor p53-binding protein 1
- FunctionMay have a role in checkpoint signaling during mitosis. Enhances TP53-mediated transcriptional activation. Plays a role in the response to DNA damage.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving TP53BP1 is found in a form of myeloproliferative disorder chronic with eosinophilia. Translocation t(5;15)(q33;q22) with PDGFRB creating a TP53BP1-PDGFRB fusion protein.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 2 BRCT domains.
modificationsAsymmetrically dimethylated on Arg residues by PRMT1. Methylation is required for DNA binding.
Phosphorylated at basal level in the absence of DNA damage. Hyper-phosphorylated in an ATM-dependent manner in response to DNA damage induced by ionizing radiation. Hyper-phosphorylated in an ATR-dependent manner in response to DNA damage induced by UV irradiation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome > centromere > kinetochore. Associated with kinetochores. Both nuclear and cytoplasmic in some cells. Recruited to sites of DNA damage, such as double stand breaks. Methylation of histone H4 at 'Lys-20' is required for efficient localization to double strand breaks.
References for Human 53BP1 peptide (ab98293)
ab98293 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.