Human ABCB8 protein fragment (ab127222)
- Product nameHuman ABCB8 protein fragment
- DescriptionRecombinant, His-DHFR tag
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Molecular weight26 kDa
- Amino acids450 to 687
- TagsHis-DHFR tag N-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab127222 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
Constituents: 0.32% Tris HCl, 0.58% Sodium chloride
- ReconstitutionReconstitute with water to desired concentration.
- ATP binding cassette sub family B member 8
- ATP binding cassette sub family B (MDR/TAP) member 8
- ATP binding cassette sub family B member 8 mitochondrial
- M ABC1
- Mitochondrial ABC protein
- Mitochondrial ATP binding cassette 1
- RelevanceABCB8 is a member of the superfamily of ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporters. ABC proteins transport various molecules across extra- and intra-cellular membranes. ABC genes are divided into seven distinct subfamilies (ABC1, MDR/TAP, MRP, ALD, OABP, GCN20, White). ABCB8 is a member of the MDR/TAP subfamily. Members of the MDR/TAP subfamily are involved in multidrug resistance as well as antigen presentation. The function of this half-transporter has not yet been determined; however, it may involve the compartmentalization and transport of heme, as well as peptides, from the mitochondria to the nucleus and cytosol. ABCB8 may also play a role in the transport of phospholipids into mitochondrial membranes.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane; Multi-pass membrane protein.
References for Human ABCB8 protein fragment (ab127222)
ab127222 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.