Human ABH2 full length protein (ab105622)
- Product nameHuman ABH2 full length proteinSee all ABH2 proteins and peptides ...
- DescriptionRecombinant, His tag
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMGSSHHHHHHSSGLVPRGSHMDRFLVKGAQGGLLRKQEEQ EPTGEEPAVLGGDKESTRKRPRREAPGNGGHSAGPSWRHI RAEGLDCSYTVLFGKAEADEIFQELEKEVEYFTGALARVQ VFGKWHSVPRKQATYGDAGLTYTFSGLTLSPKPWIPVLER IRDHVSGVTGQTFNFVLINRYKDGCDHIGEHRDDERELAP GSPIASVSFGACRDFVFRHKDSRGKSPSRRVAVVRLPLAH GSLLMMNHPTNTHWYHSLPVRKKVLAPRVNLTFRKILLTK K
- Molecular weight31 kDa including tags
- Amino acids1 to 261
- TagsHis tag N-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab105622 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Mass spectrometryMALDI-TOF
- Purity> 90
% by SDS-PAGE.
ab105622 was purified using conventional chromatography techniques.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 30% Glycerol, 20mM Tris HCl, 1mM DTT, pH 8.0
- 2OG Fe(II) oxy DC1
- ABH 2
- alkB alkylation repair homolog 2
- ALKBH2 alkB
- Alkylated DNA repair protein alkB homolog
- Alkylated DNA repair protein alkB homolog 2
- Alkylation repair homolog 2
- Alpha ketoglutarate dependent dioxygenase alkB homolog 2
- Alpha-ketoglutarate-dependent dioxygenase alkB homolog 2
- DNA oxidative demethylase ALKBH2
- EC 1.14.11.
- Oxy DC1
- FunctionDioxygenase that repairs alkylated DNA and RNA containing 1-methyladenine and 3-methylcytosine by oxidative demethylation. Can also repair alkylated DNA containing 1-ethenoadenine (in vitro). Has strong preference for double-stranded DNA. Has low efficiency with single-stranded substrates. Requires molecular oxygen, alpha-ketoglutarate and iron.
- Tissue specificityDetected in colon, small intestine, ovary, testis, prostate, skeletal muscle, heart, liver and urinary bladder.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the alkB family.
Contains 1 Fe2OG dioxygenase domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Detected in replication foci during S-phase.
References for Human ABH2 full length protein (ab105622)
ab105622 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.