Human ADAM15 full length protein (ab131862)
- Product nameHuman ADAM15 full length proteinSee all ADAM15 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceWheat germ
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMRLALLWALGLLGAGSPLPSWPLPNIGGTEEQQAESEKAP REPLEPQVLQDDLPISLKKVLQTSLPEPLRIKLELDGDSH ILELLQNRELVPGRPTLVWYQPDGTRVVSEGHTLENCCYQ GRVRGYAGSWVSICTCSGLRGLVVLTPERSYTLEQGPGDL QGPPIISRIQDLHLPGHTCALSWRESVHTQKPPEHPLGQR HIRRRRDVVTETKTVELVIVADHSEAQKYRDFQHLLNRTL EVALLLDTFFRPLNVRVALVGLEAWTQRDLVEISPNPAVT LENFLHWRRAHLLPRLPHDSAQLVTGTSFSGPTVGMAIQN SICSPDFSGGVNMDHSTSILGVASSIAHELGHSLGLDHDL PGNSCPCPGPAPAKTCIMEASTDFLPGLNFSNCSRRALEK ALLDGMGSCLFERLPSLPPMAAFCGNMFVEPGEQCDCGFL DDCVDPCCDSLTCQLRPGAQCASDGPCCQNCQLRPSGWQC RPTRGDCDLPEFCPGDSSQCPPDVSLGDGEPCAGGQAVCM HGRCASYAQQCQSLWGPGAQPAAPLCLQTANTRGNAFGSC GRNPSGSYVSCTPRDAICGQLQCQTGRTQPLLGSIRDLLW ETIDVNGTELNCSWVHLDLGSDVAQPLLTLPGTACGPGLV CIDHRCQRVDLLGAQECRSKCHGHGVCDSNRHCYCEEGWA PPDCTTQLKATSSLTTGLLLSLLVLLVLVMLGASYWYRAR LHQRLCQLKGPTCQYSLRGQPSPHPQGSHCLPTPRAGAHR VTCPAQGLESRP
- Molecular weight110 kDa including tags
- Amino acids1 to 772
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab131862 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional NotesProtein concentration is above or equal to 0.05 mg/ml.
Best used within three months from the date of receipt.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.31% Glutathione, 0.79% Tris HCl
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain 15
- ADAM 15
- ADAM metallopeptidase domain 15
- and cysteine-rich protein 15
- Disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain-containing protein 15
- EC 3.4.24.
- MDC 15
- Metalloprotease RGD disintegrin protein
- Metalloproteinase like disintegrin like and cysteine rich protein 15
- FunctionActive metalloproteinase with gelatinolytic and collagenolytic activity. Plays a role in the wound healing process. Mediates both heterotypic intraepithelial cell/T-cell interactions and homotypic T-cell aggregation. Inhibits beta-1 integrin-mediated cell adhesion and migration of airway smooth muscle cells. Suppresses cell motility on or towards fibronectin possibly by driving alpha-v/beta-1 integrin (ITAGV-ITGB1) cell surface expression via ERK1/2 inactivation. Cleaves E-cadherin in response to growth factor deprivation. Plays a role in glomerular cell migration. Plays a role in pathological neovascularization. May play a role in cartilage remodeling. May be proteolytically processed, during sperm epididymal maturation and the acrosome reaction. May play a role in sperm-egg binding through its disintegrin domain.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in colon and small intestine. Expressed in airway smooth muscle and glomerular mesangial cells (at protein level). Ubiquitously expressed. Overexpressed in atherosclerotic lesions. Constitutively expressed in cultured endothelium and smooth muscle. Expressed in chondrocytes. Expressed in airway smooth muscle and glomerular mesangial cells.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
- DomainThe cytoplasmic domain interacts with endophilin I and sorting nexin 9.
Disintegrin domain binds to integrin alphaV-beta3.
The conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved by a furin endopeptidase.
Phosphorylation increases association with PTKs.
- Cellular localizationEndomembrane system. Cell junction > adherens junction. Cell projection > cilium > flagellum. Cytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle > acrosome. The majority of the protein is localized in a perinuclear compartment which may correspond to the trans-Golgi network or the late endosome. The pro-protein is the major detectable form on the cell surface, whereas the majority of the protein in the cell is processed.
Human ADAM15 full length protein images
12.5% SDS-PAGE analysis of ab131862 stained with Coomassie Blue.
References for Human ADAM15 full length protein (ab131862)
ab131862 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.