Human ADAM2 full length protein (ab117063)
- Product nameHuman ADAM2 full length proteinSee all ADAM2 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceWheat germ
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMWRVLFLLSGLGGLRMDSNFDSLPVQITVPEKIRSIIKEG IESQASYKIVIEGKPYTVNLMQKNFLPHNFRVYSYSGTGI MKPLDQDFQNFCHYQGYIEGYPKSVVMVSTCTGLRGVLQF ENVSYGIEPLESSVGFEHVIYQVKHKKADVSLYNEKDIES RDLSFKLQSVEYNHMGSDTTVVAQKVFQLIGLTNAIFVSF NITIILSSLELWIDENKIATTGEANELLHTFLRWKTSYLV LRPHDVAFLLVYREKSNYVGATFQGKMCDANYAGGVVLHP RTISLESLAVILAQLLSLSMGITYDDINKCQCSGAVCIMN PEAIHFSGVKIFSNCSFEDFAHFISKQKSQCLHNQPRLDP FFKQQAVCGNAKLEAGEECDCGTEQDCALIGETCCDIATC RFKAGSNCAEGPCCENCLFMSKERMCRPSFEECDLPEYCN GSSASCPENHYVQTGHPCGLNQWICIDGVCMSGDKQCTDT FGKEVEFGPSECYSHLNSKTDVSGNCGISDSGYTQCEADN LQCGKLICKYVGKFLLQIPRATIIYANISGHLCIAVEFAS DHADSQKMWIKDGTSCGSNKVCRNQRCVSSSYLGYDCTTD KCNDRGVCNNKKHCHCSASYLPPDCSVQSDLWPGGSIDSG NFPPVAIPARLPERRYIENIYHSKPMRWPFFLFIPFFIIF CVLIAIMVKVNFQRKKWRTEDYSSDEQPESESEPKG
- Molecular weight105 kDa including tags
- Amino acids1 to 716
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab117063 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional NotesProtein concentration is above or equal to 0.05 mg/ml.
Best used within three months from the date of receipt.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.3% Glutathione, 0.79% Tris HCl
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain 2
- ADAM 2
- ADAM metallopeptidase domain 2
- Cancer/testis antigen 15
- Disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain-containing protein 2
- Fertilin beta
- Fertilin subunit beta
- PH 30
- PH 30b
- Ph30 beta
- FunctionSperm surface membrane protein that may be involved in sperm-egg plasma membrane adhesion and fusion during fertilization. Could have a direct role in sperm-zona binding or migration of sperm from the uterus into the oviduct. Interactions with egg membrane could be mediated via binding between its disintegrin-like domain to one or more integrins receptors on the egg. This is a non catalytic metalloprotease-like protein.
- Tissue specificityExpressed specifically in spermatogenic cells in the seminiferous cells. Not detected in fetal tissues.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
- DomainA tripeptide motif (FEE) within disintegrin-like domain could be involved in the binding to egg integrin receptor and thus could mediate sperm/egg binding.
modificationsThe prodomain and the metalloprotease domain are cleaved during the epididymal maturation of the spermatozoa.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
Human ADAM2 full length protein images
12.5% SDS-PAGE showing ab117063 at approximately 104.76 kDa.
Stained with Coomassie Blue.
References for Human ADAM2 full length protein (ab117063)
ab117063 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.