For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids1769 to 1782
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-AKAP12 antibody (ab9698)
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- A kinase (PRKA) anchor protein (gravin) 12
- A kinase Anchor Protein 12
- A kinase anchor protein 250kDa
- FunctionAnchoring protein that mediates the subcellular compartmentation of protein kinase A (PKA) and protein kinase C (PKC).
- Tissue specificityExpressed in endothelial cells, cultured fibroblasts and osteosarcoma, but not in platelets, leukocytes, monocytic cell lines or peripherical blood cells.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 3 AKAP domains.
- DomainPolybasic regions located between residues 266 and 557 are involved in binding PKC.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cell cortex. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. May be part of the cortical cytoskeleton.
Information by UniProt
References for Human AKAP12 peptide (ab23159)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"