Human AP2 alpha protein fragment (ab91893)
- Product nameHuman AP2 alpha protein fragment
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceFENQLLQIGVKSEFRQNLGRMYLFYGNKTSVQFQNFSPTV VHPGDLQTQLAVQT KRVAAQVDGGAQVQQVLNIECLRD FLTPPLLSVRFRYGGAPQALTLKLPVTINK FFQPTEMA AQDFFQRWKQLSLPQQEAQKIFKANHPMDAEVTKAKLLGF GSALLD NVDPNPENFVGAGIIQTKALQVGCLLRLEPNA QAQMYRLTLRTSKEPVSRHLCEL
- Amino acids734 to 950
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91893 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional NotesProtein Identity confirmed by Mass Spectrometry (MS/MS) (acquired on initial reference batch)
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.5% Trehalose, 6M Urea, 100mM Sodium phosphate, 10mM Sodium chloride, pH 4.5
- ReconstitutionReconstitution with 45 µl aqua dest.
- 100 kDa coated vesicle protein A
- Adapter-related protein complex 2 alpha-1 subunit
- Adaptin alpha
- Adaptin alpha A
- Adaptor protein complex AP 2 alpha 1 subunit
- adaptor protein complex AP 2 subunit alpha 1
- Adaptor protein complex AP-2 subunit alpha-1
- Adaptor protein complex AP2 alpha 1 subunit
- adaptor protein complex AP2 subunit alpha 1
- Adaptor related protein complex 2 alpha 1 subunit
- Adaptor related protein complex AP 2 alpha 1 subunit
- Adaptor related protein complex AP2 alpha 1 subunit
- Alpha A adaptin
- Alpha adaptin A
- Alpha-adaptin A
- alpha1 adaptin
- AP 2 alpha
- AP 2 complex subunit alpha 1
- AP-2 complex subunit alpha-1
- AP2 complex subunit alpha 1
- CLAPA 1
- Clathrin adaptor complex AP2. alpha subunit
- Clathrin assembly protein complex 2 alpha A large chain
- Clathrin assembly protein complex 2 alpha-A large chain
- Clathrin associated / assembly / adaptor protein large alpha 1
- clathrin associated assembly adaptor protein large alpha 1
- clathrin associated/assembly/adaptor protein, large, alpha 1
- Plasma membrane adaptor HA 2/AP 2 adaptin alpha A subunit
- Plasma membrane adaptor HA2/AP2 adaptin alpha A subunit
- FunctionComponent of the adaptor protein complex 2 (AP-2). Adaptor protein complexes function in protein transport via transport vesicles in different membrane traffic pathways. Adaptor protein complexes are vesicle coat components and appear to be involved in cargo selection and vesicle formation. AP-2 is involved in clathrin-dependent endocytosis in which cargo proteins are incorporated into vesicles surrrounded by clathrin (clathrin-coated vesicles, CCVs) which are destined for fusion with the early endosome. The clathrin lattice serves as a mechanical scaffold but is itself unable to bind directly to membrane components. Clathrin-associated adaptor protein (AP) complexes which can bind directly to both the clathrin lattice and to the lipid and protein components of membranes are considered to be the major clathrin adaptors contributing the CCV formation. AP-2 also serves as a cargo receptor to selectively sort the membrane proteins involved in receptor-mediated endocytosis. AP-2 seems to play a role in the recycling of synaptic vesicle membranes from the presynaptic surface. AP-2 recognizes Y-X-X-[FILMV] (Y-X-X-Phi) and [ED]-X-X-X-L-[LI] endocytosis signal motifs within the cytosolic tails of transmembrane cargo molecules. AP-2 may also play a role in maintaining normal post-endocytic trafficking through the ARF6-regulated, non-clathrin pathway. The AP-2 alpha subunit binds polyphosphoinositide-containing lipids, positioning AP-2 on the membrane. The AP-2 alpha subunit acts via its C-terminal appendage domain as a scaffolding platform for endocytic accessory proteins. The AP-2 alpha and AP-2 sigma subunits are thought to contribute to the recognition of the [ED]-X-X-X-L-[LI] motif.
- Tissue specificityIsoform A expressed in forebrain, skeletal muscle, spinal cord, cerebellum, salivary gland, heart and colon. Isoform B is widely expressed in tissues and also in breast cancer and in prostate carcinoma cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the adaptor complexes large subunit family.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Membrane > coated pit. AP-2 appears to be excluded from internalizing CCVs and to disengage from sites of endocytosis seconds before internalization of the nascent CCV.
Human AP2 alpha protein fragment images
The image shows an electrophoretic assay performed using an Agilent 5100 ALP. In some images colored control bands can be seen at 15 kDa (green) and/or 240 kDa (purple). The protein-specific band is blue.
References for Human AP2 alpha protein fragment (ab91893)
ab91893 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.