Human AREB6 peptide (ab66485)
- Product nameHuman AREB6 peptideSee all AREB6 proteins and peptides ...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab66485 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- AREB 6
- Delta crystallin enhancer binding factor 1
- DELTA EF1
- Negative regulator of IL 2
- Negative regulator of IL2
- NIL 2 A
- NIL 2 A zinc finger protein
- NIL 2A
- NIL-2-A zinc finger protein
- Posterior polymorphous corneal dystrophy 3
- Represses interleukin 2 expression
- TCF 8
- Transcription factor 8
- Transcription factor 8 (represses interleukin 2 expression)
- ZEB 1
- ZFHX 1A
- Zinc finger E box binding homeobox 1
- Zinc finger E-box-binding homeobox 1
- Zinc finger homeodomain enhancer binding protein
- FunctionInhibits interleukin-2 (IL-2) gene expression. May be responsible for transcriptional repression of the IL-2 gene. Enhances or represses the promoter activity of the ATP1A1 gene depending on the quantity of cDNA and on the cell type. Represses E-cadherin promoter and induces an epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) by recruiting SMARCA4/BRG1. Represses BCL6 transcription in the presence of the corepressor CTBP1. Promotes tumorigenicity by repressing stemness-inhibiting microRNAs.
- Tissue specificityColocalizes with SMARCA4/BRG1 in E-cadherin-negative cells from established lines, and stroma of normal colon as well as in de-differentiated epithelial cells at the invasion front of colorectal carcinomas (at protein level). Expressed in heart and skeletal muscle, but not in liver, spleen, or pancreas.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ZEB1 are the cause of posterior polymorphous corneal dystrophy type 3 (PPCD3) [MIM:609141]. PPCD is a rare disease involving metaplasia and overgrowth of corneal endothelial cells. In patients with PPCD, these cells manifest in an epithelial morphology and gene expression pattern, produce an aberrant basement membrane, and, sometimes, spread over the iris and nearby structures in a way that increases the risk for glaucoma.
Defects in ZEB1 are the cause of corneal dystrophy Fuchs endothelial type 6 (FECD6) [MIM:613270]. It is an ocular disorder caused by loss of endothelium of the central cornea. It is characterized by focal wart-like guttata that arise from Descemet membrane and develop in the central cornea, epithelial blisters, reduced vision and pain. Descemet membrane is thickened by abnormal collagenous deposition.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the delta-EF1/ZFH-1 C2H2-type zinc-finger family.
Contains 7 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
References for Human AREB6 peptide (ab66485)
ab66485 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.