Human ATF6 protein fragment (ab92267)
- Product nameHuman ATF6 protein fragmentSee all ATF6 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceYVVSFRRDHLLLPATTHNKTTRPKMSIVLPAININENVIN GQDYEVMMQIDCQ VMDTRILHIKSSSVPPYLRDQQRNQ TNTFFGSPPAATEATHVVSTIPESLQ
- Amino acids567 to 670
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92267 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at 4°C. Upon reconstitution store at -80ºC.
Constituents: 0.5% Trehalose, 6M Urea, 100mM Sodium phosphate, 10mM Sodium chloride, pH 4.5
- Reconstitutionreconstitution with 92 µl aqua dest.
- Activating transcription factor 6
- Activating transcription factor 6 alpha
- ATF 6
- ATF6 alpha
- cAMP dependent transcription factor ATF 6 alpha
- cAMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-6 alpha
- Cyclic AMP dependent transcription factor ATF 6 alpha
- Processed cyclic AMP dependent transcription factor ATF 6 alpha
- Processed cyclic AMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-6 alpha
- FunctionTranscription factor that acts during endoplasmic reticulum stress by activating unfolded protein response target genes. Binds DNA on the 5'-CCAC[GA]-3'half of the ER stress response element (ERSE) (5'-CCAAT-N(9)-CCAC[GA]-3') and of ERSE II (5'-ATTGG-N-CCACG-3'). Binding to ERSE requires binding of NF-Y to ERSE. Could also be involved in activation of transcription by the serum response factor.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. ATF subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
- DomainThe basic domain functions as a nuclear localization signal.
The basic leucine-zipper domain is sufficient for association with the NF-Y trimer and binding to ERSE.
modificationsDuring unfolded protein response an approximative 50 kDa fragment containing the cytoplasmic transcription factor domain is released by proteolysis. The cleavage seems to be performed sequentially by site-1 and site-2 proteases.
N-glycosylated. The glycosylation status may serve as a sensor for ER homeostasis, resulting in ATF6 activation to trigger the unfolded protein response (UPR).
Phosphorylated in vitro by MAPK14/P38MAPK.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane and Nucleus. Under ER stress the cleaved N-terminal cytoplasmic domain translocates into the nucleus.
Human ATF6 protein fragment images
The image shows an electrophoretic assay performed using an Agilent 5100 ALP. In some images colored control bands can be seen at 15 kDa (green) and/or 240 kDa (purple). The protein-specific band is blue.
References for Human ATF6 protein fragment (ab92267)
ab92267 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.