Human Axin 1 protein fragment (ab91748)
- Product nameHuman Axin 1 protein fragmentSee all Axin 1 proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceENSRPLSLEHPWAGPQLRTSVQPSHLFIQDPTMPPHPAPN PLTQLEEAR RRLEEEEKRASRAPSKQRTRSQRKVGGGS AQPCDSIVVAYYFCGEPIPY RTLVRGRAVTLGQFKELL TKKGSYRYYFKKVSDEFDCGVVFEEVREDEA VLPVFEE KIIGKVEKVD
- Amino acids663 to 826
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91748 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.5% Trehalose, 6M Urea, 100mM Sodium phosphate, 10mM Sodium chloride, pH 4.5
- ReconstitutionReconstitute with 86 µl aqua dest.
- Axin 1
- Axis inhibition protein 1
- Axis Inhibitor 1
- Fused, mouse, homolog of
- Protein Fused
- Protein phosphatase 1 regulatory subunit 49
- FunctionComponent of the beta-catenin destruction complex required for regulating CTNNB1 levels through phosphorylation and ubiquitination, and modulating Wnt-signaling. Controls dorsoventral patterning via two opposing effects; down-regulates CTNNB1 to inhibit the Wnt signaling pathway and ventralize embryos, but also dorsalizes embryos by activating a Wnt-independent JNK signaling pathway. In Wnt signaling, probably facilitates the phosphorylation of CTNNB1 and APC by GSK3B. Likely to function as a tumor suppressor. Facilitates the phosphorylation of TP53 by HIPK2 upon ultraviolet irradiation. Enhances TGF-beta signaling by recruiting the RNF111 E3 ubiquitin ligase and promoting the degradation of inhibitory SMAD7. Also component of the AXIN1-HIPK2-TP53 complex which controls cell growth, apoptosis and development.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in AXIN1 are involved in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) [MIM:114550].
Defects in AXIN1 are a cause of caudal duplication anomaly (CADUA) [MIM:607864]. Caudal duplication anomaly is characterized by the occurrence of duplications of different organs in the caudal region. Note=Caudal duplication anomaly is associated with hypermethylation of the AXIN1 promoter.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 DIX domain.
Contains 1 RGS domain.
- DomainThe tankyrase-binding motif (also named TBD) is required for interaction with tankyrase TNKS and TNKS2.
modificationsPhosphorylation and dephosphorylation of AXIN1 regulates assembly and function of the beta-catenin complex. Phosphorylated by CK1 and GSK3B. Dephosphorylated by PPP1CA and PPP2CA. Phosphorylation by CK1 enhances binding of GSK3B to AXIN1.
ADP-ribosylated by tankyrase TNKS and TNKS2. Poly-ADP-ribosylated protein is recognized by RNF146, followed by ubiquitination at 'Lys-48' and subsequent activation of the Wnt signaling pathway.
Ubiquitinated by RNF146 when poly-ADP-ribosylated, leading to its degradation and subsequent activation of the Wnt signaling pathway. Sumoylation at Lys-857 and Lys-860 prevents ubiquitination and degradation. Sumoylation is required for AXIN1-mediated JNK activation. Deubiquitinated by USP34, deubiquitinated downstream of beta-catenin stabilization step: deubiquitination is important for nuclear accumulation during Wnt signaling to positively regulate beta-catenin (CTNBB1)-mediated transcription.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Membrane. Cell membrane. MACF1 is required for its translocation to cell membrane (By similarity). On UV irradiation, translocates to the nucleus and colocalizes with DAAX.
Human Axin 1 protein fragment images
The image shows an electrophoretic assay performed using an Agilent 5100 ALP. In some images coloured control bands can be seen at 15 kDa (green) and/or 240 kDa (purple). The protein-specific band is blue.
References for Human Axin 1 protein fragment (ab91748)
ab91748 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.