Human Azurocidin full length protein (ab91129)
- Product nameHuman Azurocidin full length proteinSee all Azurocidin proteins and peptides ...
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91129 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Additional NotesPrepared from whole blood shown to be non reactive for HBsAg, anti-HCV, anti-HBc, and negative for anti-HIV 1 & 2 by FDA approved tests.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Azu 1
- cationic antimicrobial protein 37
- Cationic antimicrobial protein CAP37
- Heparin binding protein
- Heparin-binding protein
- Neutrophil azurocidin
- FunctionThis is a neutrophil granule-derived antibacterial and monocyte- and fibroblast-specific chemotactic glycoprotein. Binds heparin. The cytotoxic action is limited to many species of Gram-negative bacteria; this specificity may be explained by a strong affinity of the very basic N-terminal half for the negatively charged lipopolysaccharides that are unique to the Gram-negative bacterial outer envelope. It may play a role in mediating recruitment of monocytes in the second wave of inflammation. Has antibacterial activity against the Gram-nagative bacterium P.aeruginosa, this activity is inhibited by LPS from P.aeruginosa. Acting alone, it does not have antimicrobial activity against the Gram-negative bacteria A.actinomycetemcomitans ATCC 29532, A.actinomycetemcomitans NCTC 9709, A.actinomycetemcomitans FDC-Y4, H.aphrophilus ATCC 13252, E.corrodens ATCC 23834, C.sputigena ATCC 33123, Capnocytophaga sp ATCC 33124, Capnocytophaga sp ATCC 27872 or E.coli ML-35. Has antibacterial activity against C.sputigena ATCC 33123 when acting synergistically with either elastase or cathepsin G.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family. Elastase subfamily.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic granule. Cytoplasmic granules of neutrophils.
Human Azurocidin full length protein images
Anti-Azurocidin antibody (ab48132) at 1 µg/ml +
Human Azurocidin full length protein (ab91129) at 0.1 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 2 minutes
Lane 1. LMW Standard
Lane 2. Azurocidin - 5 µg (reduced / heated)
Lane 3. Azurocidin - 10 µg (reduced / heated)
Lane 4. Azurocidin - 20 µg (reduced / heated)
4-12% Bis-Tris SDS-PAGE gel
References for Human Azurocidin full length protein (ab91129)
ab91129 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.