Human BORIS peptide (ab22203)
- Product nameHuman BORIS peptideSee all BORIS proteins and peptides ...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab22203 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- BORIS like protein
- Brother of the regulator of imprinted sites
- Cancer/testis antigen 27
- CCCTC binding factor (zinc finger protein) like
- CCCTC-binding factor
- CTCF paralog
- CTCF T
- CTCF-like protein
- HMG 1L1
- Putative high mobility group protein 1 like 1
- Putative high mobility group protein B1 like 1
- Transcriptional repressor CTCFL
- Zinc finger protein CTCF-T
- FunctionTestis-specific DNA binding protein responsible for insulator function, nuclear architecture and transcriptional control, which probably acts by recruiting epigenetic chromatin modifiers. Plays a key role in gene imprinting in male germline, by participating in the establishment of differential methylation at the IGF2/H19 imprinted control region (ICR). Directly binds the unmethylated H19 ICR and recruits the PRMT7 methyltransferase, leading to methylate histone H4 'Arg-3' to form H4R3sme2. This probably leads to recruit de novo DNA methyltransferases at these sites (By similarity). Seems to act as tumor suppressor. In association with DNMT1 and DNMT3B, involved in activation of BAG1 gene expression by binding to its promoter. Required for dimethylation of H3 lysine 4 (H3K4me2) of MYC and BRCA1 promoters.
- Tissue specificityTestis specific. Specifically expressed in primary spermatocytes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CTCF zinc-finger protein family.
Contains 11 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
- Developmental stageIs up-regulated in primary spermatocytes (expression overlapping with the genome-wide erasure of methylation) to become silenced on activation of CTCF in post-meiotic germline cells (expression corresponding to DNA remethylation).
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
References for Human BORIS peptide (ab22203)
This product has been referenced in:
- Woloszynska-Read A et al. Coordinated cancer germline antigen promoter and global DNA hypomethylation in ovarian cancer: association with the BORIS/CTCF expression ratio and advanced stage. Clin Cancer Res 17:2170-80 (2011). Blocking . Read more (PubMed: 21296871) »
- Jones TA et al. Widespread Expression of BORIS/CTCFL in Normal and Cancer Cells. PLoS One 6:e22399 (2011). Blocking . Read more (PubMed: 21811597) »